Goa -Home of rich culture and abode of marine life
Popular for its colonial architecture, pristine beaches, water sports, and never-ending nightlife, Goa is a famous Indian state and tourist paradise. Due to its charm, Goa attracts Indian tourists from north to south and east to west. Not only this, but It is also one of the favourite holiday destinations for many foreigners residing in Europe. It is small yet beautiful state and has many major tourist attractions, including the Basilica of Bom Jesus, Fort Aguada and catholic churches. And when it comes to taking your leisure Goa trip to the next level, Goa has some infamous watersports adventures such as parasailing, scuba diving, jet skiing, and snorkeling. And, if you love travelling, It is home to many beautiful beaches & Islands like Baga Beach, Calangute Beach, and Grand Island
Goa has many beautiful tourists places. There are more than 50 places to visit, from South to North Goa. Some of the popular ones are mentioned below.
1. Baga Beach – Located in North Goa, Baga Beach is one of the best places to visit in Goa. This beach is a center for water sports activities such as surfing, jet skiing, parasailing, and wakeboarding. It is also a great place to watch marine life. Baga Beach is also the site hosting nightlife to enjoy music and dance. Baga Beach is an ideal water adventure destination to enjoy the adventure in Goa.
2. Grande Island: Grande Island overlooking the Arabian Sea, is the scuba diving hub of Goa. It is located 5 km from Vasco da Gama. It is the perfect point to explore marine life to the fullest. Many activities are offered here, such as scuba diving, snorkelling, and dolphin cruises to spot sea creatures. The View of sunrise and sunset in Grand Island will mesmerize you. And you’ll feel like visiting this place again and again.
3. Dudhsagar Waterfall: The waters of Dudhsagar, also known as the “Ocean of Milk,” lie in the Mandovi River. Its Local name is “Tambadi Surla”. It is the tallest waterfall in India, with a height of about 310 meters. The waterfall is situated between the state border of Goa and Karnataka. It mesmerizes all the visitors with the majestic view of the waves flowing from almost 1000 feet.
4. Bhagwan Mahavir wildlife sanctuary: Located in the Dharbandora sub-division of Goa, Bhagwan Mahavir Swami Wildlife Sanctuary is one of India’s most prominent wildlife sanctuaries. It is spread over an area of about 240 square kilometers. The sanctuary is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna.
5. Calangute Beach: Located in Calangute city, Calangute Beach is a major tourist hub in North Goa. From water sports to shopping and sightseeing, Calungute is one of the perfect places to visit in Goa. The beach attracts everyone with its renowned water activities like parasailing, surfing, jet skiing, and scuba diving.
6. Candolim: Just south of Calangute Beach, Candolim is another beautiful beach in Goa. It is filled with fully stuffed sea shells. Candolim Beach is the ideal place to explore marine life in Goa, where you can also indulge in scuba diving and snorkeling. From October to March, this place is abuzz with the festivals of Goa.
From water sports to wildlife Safari to electrifying nightlife festivals, Goa is full of a lot of things to do. Here are some of the things that you can do on the Goa trip:-
1. Goa water sports: Goa is a great place to participate in fun water sports. If you do not indulge in water sports during your trip to Goa, you may miss out on a great experience. Goa offers ultimate water adventure sports like parasailing, scuba diving, surfing, jet skiing, kayaking, and rafting. To bring out an adventurer within, you must try water sports in Goa.
2. Wildlife Safari: Goa has 6 to 7 wildlife sanctuaries, namely Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Bondla Wildlife, and Bhagwan Mahavir Sanctuary. Get a chance to see wildlife up close in Goa with a jungle safari experience. Home to several rare mammals and stunning birds, wildlife safari in Goa also offers a chance to see Tigers, Indian Civet, Mongoose, and South Indian Bears.
3. Explore Marine Life: About a 105 km area of Goa touches the Arabian Ocean. Such a large area becomes a prime point to explore marine life. Scuba diving and snorkeling are the best water activities in Goa to explore underwater life. The underwater life along the beaches is quite diverse. Major marine attractions are aquatic creatures such as grouper, eel, snapper, damsel, goby, blenny, and lobster.
4. Enjoy participating in the main festival of Goa: Goa is well known for the vibrancy and diversity of its festivals. It also serves as a festival center that connects tourists with the local culture. It is a fun place for to witness folk culture, and glimpses of Indian, Parsi, Christian, British, Portuguese cultures. Goa hosts several festivals, including the Hill Top, Goa Carnival, Holi, and Sao Joao Festival.
5. Be a part of the nightlife in Goa: Nightlife in Goa is an attraction of twinkling lights, where everyone is happy in his color. Be it dancing to the beat of the music or savouring the delicious food, Goa’s sights will keep you hooked. Every night in Goa is full of wonderful experiences. The list of nightlife spots in Goa is long, but you must visit famous clubs like Tito’s Nightclub, Sinq Night Club, and Curlies Shack.
6. Visit the Goa Beaches: Nature has blessed Goa with many beautiful beaches to enjoy marine life. Apart from being a tourist destination, it also bears testimony to the brown sand beaches and the vastness of the Arabian Sea. Baga, Candolim, Anjuna, and Calangute are the most popular beaches of Goa. This beach is the perfect place to enjoy the sunrise and sunset and indulge in water activities.
October to March is the best time to visit Goa. During this time, Goa has cool and calm weather to explore sightseeing places and try adventurous watersports.
How to Reach: Here are some options to Reach Goa:-
By Air: Located in Panjim, the capital of Goa, Dabolim Airport is the only airport in Goa. This airport covers flights from all the major cities of India. You can fly to Dabolim from your home city. After reaching, you can travel from Panaji to all the best places in Goa.
By Road: Goa is well connected by road to major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Kochi.
By Train: The best option is to reach Goa by train. Panaji, Madgaon, Dabolim, and Majorda are the major railway stations of Goa. Daily trains run to these stations from major cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, and Hyderabad.
Goa is famous for its beaches, delicious seafood, folk culture, nightlife, water activities, and beautiful natural beauty. Apart from the beaches, Goa has many beautiful places like Dudhsagar Falls, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Salim Bird Sanctuary, and Chapora Fort. Also, the land here provides some historical glimpses of British and Portuguese culture and European culture.
The best time to visit Goa is from October to March. Goa crowd level reduces considerably during this time. Water activities like scuba diving, jet skiing, and parasailing were closed during the monsoon.
Anjuna Beach, Calangute Beach, Candolim Beach, Baga Beach, Dudhsagar Waterfall, Bhagwan Mahavir Swami Wildlife Sanctuary, Aguada Fort, Chapora Fort, and Butterfly Beach are some of the most beautiful places to visit in Goa.
Scuba diving, Parasailing, Jet skiing, Paragliding, Snorkelling, and Jungle safari are some of the best activities you can do in Goa on your visit.
Candolim, Miramar, Vagator, Baga, Morjim, Calangute, Palolem, Anjuna, and Sinquerim Beach are the most famous beaches you can visit across Goa.