Location – Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer
Enjoy a lavish desert camping experience at Sam Sand Dunes Jaisalmer, situated only 30 km from the city centre, the camp offers every amenity and conducts fun activities to keep you entertained and away from the hectic life for a couple of days. The comfortable camping tents with all the facilities from basic ones to luxurious ones and also organizes camel safari to cherish a picturesque sunrise and sunset in the Thar Desert.
If you will, opt for the night desert camel safari and immerse into the moonlight turning sand of the desert silver and cold. Have to-the-neck mouth-watering traditional Rajasthani dinner buffet by the bonfire while enjoying the cultural performances. Treat your eyes with millions of stars flickering above the night sky in the Dunes.
Enjoy the folk music and dance performances while desert camping in Sam Sand Dune Camp, and treat your taste buds a new way to enjoy delicious local food served at Sam Sand Dunes. The welcome offered to you upon your arrival till you stay at the camp in Sam Sand Dunes will fill you with love and comfort and will make you visit again for such warm hospitality.
- Check-In: 4:00 pm
- Check out: 10:00 am
Itinerary for Camping in Sam Sand Dunes Camp
Day 1: Arrival at Sam Sand Dunes and go for a Safari
- Drive to Jaisalmer and reach Sam Sand Dunes camp before sunset. Get a heartily welcome in a Rajasthani style (Tikka Dastori) with a non-alcoholic welcome drink.
- Enjoy the sunset on camelback safari.
- Appreciate the great traditional, authentic local cuisine by the fire along with Rajasthani music and dance performances.
- Groove on DJ night party or play your songs in the group on guitar, indulge in the cultural events organized at the camp, and comfort your eyes at the sight of the starry night sky.
- Sleep under the millions of stars in a comfortable tent.
Day 2: Return to Jaisalmer
- Wake up to the chirping of the birds under the bright sunlight in a cool breeze.
- Have breakfast at the camp center and stroll your way around the desert.
- Check out at the given time from the campsite and return to Jaisalmer.
Frequently Asked Questions about Camping in Sam Sand Dunes Camp:
1. How far are Sam Sand Dunes from Jaisalmer?
Ans. The campsite of Sam Sand Dunes is approximately 45 km from the city center. The place is always crowded with numerous tourists during its peak season.
2. What are the best ways to get to Sam Sand Dunes?
Ans. You can get to Sam Sand Dunes either by road, train, or airways.
- By Air: The nearest airport to Sam Sand Dunes is Jodhpur Airport at a distance of 280 km from the desert campsite. The city airport connects major destinations via international flights and domestic flights as well. The cabs, metered taxis, local autos, and city buses are available up to Sam Sand Dunes.
- By Train: Catch a local or express train to Jaisalmer which is connected with Delhi, Jodhpur, and Jaipur. Buy your ticket for a luxury ride in “the palace of Wheels”, which has a stop at Jaisalmer. Hire a cab, metered taxi, or any convenience of your choice from Jaisalmer railway station to reach Sam Sand Dunes.
- By Road: The roads to the Sam Sand Dunes are well-networked with all across India through roadways. The best way to reach the desert camp centre is by riding ordinary and deluxe buses of Rajasthan roadways. You can also reach the Dunes by driving up here on your own.
3. How many days are ample for desert camp in Sam Sand Dunes?
Ans. To explore every historic fort, palaces, temples, lakes and gardens, local markets and colourful streets, national parks, and every other popular tourists’ attraction, a minimum of 2 days to a maximum of 7 days are required.
4. What are the best things to do in desert camping in Jaisalmer?
Ans. According to the survey, the top things to do in Sam Sand Dunes are:
- Overnight camping amid the desert
- Camelback desert safari at sunrise/sunset
- Jeep Safari
- Visit Desert National Park
- Stargazing after dinner
- Desert Cultural Festival
- Traditional folk dance along with Rajasthani music.