Keeping the village-life of Rajasthan in mind, Karni Desert Camp has 20 incredibly structured and beautifully decorated antique wall paintings and folk drawings on the walls and ceilings. The admiring staff with a warm smile of welcome and great hosting is simply applaudable. Equipped with every modern amenity, the camp offers hot/cold water in the bathroom running 24-hours, clean sheets, delicious meals, and beverages are served, and pick-up and drop facilities are also available.
Enjoy your vacation at a home-like camp amid the desert. Feel close to the village life of Rajasthan and indulge in learning some traditional gizmos.
Spend your time exploring the surroundings and listen to folklore from the locals. It is one of the exotically best desert camps to find with all the modern facilities at Sam Sand Dunes. have a calming gazing at the starry night sky by the bonfire along with the folk music and cultural dance performances.
Itinerary: Camping in Karni Desert Camp
Day 1: Arrival at the Camp, Safari, and Stargazing
- Reach Sam Sand Dunes and head to the Karni Desert Camp located almost 8 km from the Sam village. Get a welcome in Rajasthani style and drink down the welcome drinks.
- Check-into the hotel and leave your belongings in the respective tents. Explore the vastly expanded Thar Desert on Camelback Safari and Jeep Safari. Witness the hundreds of migrant birds and exotic wildlife, and rich flora.
- Have a drink when you come back and join in the cultural programs and fun activities organized at the camp. Enjoy the soothing folk music and learn a new traditional dance while you have a taste of delicious Rajasthani cuisine by the fire.
- Utilize the rustic seating area having a Hookah by the side and a night-long bonfire. Get into a comfortable position on a roped bed and lean yourself into stargazing.
- Sleep under the starry sky on a chilly night.
Day 2: Departure Day
- Wake up with the surreal view of the sunrise and have a taste of Rajasthani breakfast at the campsite.
- Leave for Jaisalmer after checking out from the camp.
You can either reach Sam Sand Dunes by the road that connects Delhi with Jaisalmer or you can take a direct flight to the nearest airport, Jodhpur Airport, and then drive to Sam Sand Dunes. There are direct local and luxury trains from Delhi to Jaisalmer.
The driving distance is 765 km from Delhi to Jaisalmer. There are 10 direct flights that operate daily from Delhi to Jaisalmer covering an aerial distance of 649 km. You can hire a metered taxi, cab, or local autos to reach Sam Sand Dunes from Jaisalmer.
Although the check-in time to the camp is 11 a.m. You can check into the tents whenever you reach the desired destination. After having a soul-satisfying breakfast in the morning, you can check-out from your tents at 10 a.m.
Jaisalmer, the golden city, is famous for the ancient forts, prehistoric palaces, man-made lakes and gardens, rich heritage, and lots of adventurous activities. Among all these, desert camping is one of the greatest joys for tourists when thinking about a trip to Rajasthan.