About the Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek:
If you love to hike through dense forest, catch mountainous and river views then this less-travelled Kunjapuri temple sunrise trek from Rishikesh is perfect for you. Enjoy this scenic trek leading to an old temple dedicated to Goddess “Kunjapuri Devi” located at the height of 1650 m above sea level. It is believed that it is one of the 52nd shakti peeth in Uttarakhand.
Wake up before the sunrise and climb the hundreds of stairs to get to the time passing through the clouds and witness the famous, bewitching Kunjapuri temple sunrise from the top. Capture the snow-capped mountains and greenery around and colourful villages. On a clear sunny day, you can see the high mountain peaks of Gangotri, Chaukhamba, Bandarpunch, and Chaukhamba. There is a chance you can get a sight of wild animals like barking deer, leopards, and monkeys, and varieties of birds chirping on the way.
- Starting Point: Tapovan, Rishikesh
- Ending Point: Rishikesh
- Duration: 1 Days
- Distance: 23 Kms
- Best time: October to June
- Max altitude: 1,675 m
- Difficulty level: Easy
Kunjapuri Trek Highlights:
- Get picked up from your hotel around 5:00 am, meet your trek guide and start your drive toward Kunjapuri temple.
- Catch the amazing view of Himalayan mountain peaks while passing through a dense Sal forest.
- Climb the 300 stairs to reach the temple and watch the golden sunrise from the top. And pay your homage to the goddess “Kunjapuri”.
- Trek down to Rishikesh through the forest trails alongside small villages situated by the Ganges riverbank. The route takes almost 3 hours to reach Neer Garh Waterfall.
- Take a refreshing bath in Neer Ghattu Waterfall which is the end-point of the trek.
- You’ve to hike a further 1 km down to reach your cab.
- Followed by the small drive to your hotel.
Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek Cost:
The minimum cost of the Kunjapuri trek from Rishikesh is Rs 1250 per person. This price includes transfers, guide fees and jungle permits. Charges also depend upon no. of participants coming for the trek.
|Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek Packages:||Cost||Duration|
|From Rishikesh||Rs 1250||8 Hours|
- All trekking equipment, trekking pole etc.
- Entry fees and permits.
- Experienced guide
- local sightseeing
- 18% GST tax on the service.
- personal expenses
- Nothing is mentioned in "inclusive".
Kunjapuri Temple Sunrise Trek Itinerary:
Your much-awaited Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek will be from Rishikesh to Maa Kunjapuri Temple (the prime point of the Kunjapuri trek) and then to Rishikesh.
Day 1: Kunjapuri Temple to Tapovan, Rishikesh (23 km / 8 hr)
We will leave before sunrise in the morning. Our driver will take you by road to Maa Kunjapuri Temple, 30 kms from Rishikesh. Where you can enjoy the ultimate blissful sun rays in the morning. After witnessing the beautiful rays of the sun, we will start the trek. Our guide will give you the details of the journey ahead. After the blessings of Maa Kunjapuri, we will leave for Devaldhar and Matiala, where you will see the grandeur of Garhwali culture. On the way, you will also get to see places like Bhekarki Talli, Kothli, Kurikhal and Dharkot. The last trek stop would be Neer Dangu Waterfall, where you can enjoy the view of the waterfall for a few moments and take a dip in the water to eliminate fatigue. The trek will end at Tapovan after Neer Dangu Falls.
Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek: Things to Carry
- Carry your original ids, such as an Aadhaar ID and a photocopy of the Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek; This is required for your verification.
- Carry energy drinks, energy bars, nuts and dry fruits during the trek.
- Always carry spare batteries, torches, power banks etc. and keep them away from cold weather and keep warm in your bag.
- Carry good and sturdy trekking shoes with good grip.
- Wear layered and comfortable clothes and style yourself according to the season.
- Remember to carry your sunglasses, sun caps, synthetic hand gloves, woollen hat, extra pair of socks, headlamps, trekking pole, rainwear, rain cover etc.
- You will need to carry your toilet kit, cutlery and plastic cover.
- Customize your medical kit according to your needs and issues to take with you on the trek.
FAQs about Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek:
The Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek is famous trek to Maa Kunjapuri Devi Temple, starts from Rishikesh in Uttarakhand.
The Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek is about 23 km long. The trek starts from Maa Kunjapuri Temple and can be completed within 7 to 8 hours. This trek covers the beautiful places of Garhwal like Dhangu, Neer, Dharkot, Devaldhar, Khergarh and Kunjapuri temples.
The difficulty level of Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek is considered easy. This trek is ideal for beginners. This trek provides a splendid view of Rishikesh and its surroundings mountains, covering Dhalkot, Kunjapuri and some lovely villages at an altitude of about 1650 meters.
Kunjapuri temple is 30 km away from Rishikesh by vehicle. Starting from Kunjapuri temple, this trek covers a distance of about 8 to 9 kilometres and ends at Tapovan in Rishikesh.