About the Nag Tibba Trek:
Trek Route Map: Dehradun – Base Camp (Pantwari Village) – Camp 1 – Nag Tibba Top – Pantwari village – Dehradun
- Starting Point – Dehradun
- Ending Point – Dehradun
- Duration – 16 km
- Difficulty – Easy
- Altitude – 9,900 ft
- Temperature – 14°C to 2°C
- Last ATM – Mussoorie
- Working Mobile Networks – Vodafone, Airtel, VI, Jio and BSNL
Nag Tibba Trek:
Nag Tiba is a 16 km long trek that can be completed within 2 days. Trek to Nag Tiba is a stunning journey that lets you explore the highest peaks of Uttarakhand. Located at an altitude of 9,900 ft, the Nag Tiba peak of Uttarakhand gives you spectacular views of Bandarpoonch Peak, Gangotri Peak, and Kedarnath Peak. The trails are easy and filled with beautiful views. In normal weather, you can face a temperature varying from 14 to 2 degrees C. The trek starts and ends at Dehradun, and Pantwari Village is the Base Camp of the Trek.
Best Time to Visit:
February to mid-June and Mid-September to End-November is the best time for the Nag Tibba Trek, as the weather is pleasant and comfortable, and you will also not face any hurdles in these seasons. The summer and autumn seasons are considered the best for this trek.
The trek distance of Nag tiba is 16 km long. You need to cover this distance in the 2 days duration.
The Nag-Tiba Trek's difficulty level is easy and perfectly suitable even for beginners.
The Nag-Tiba Trek is a high-altitude trek. On this trail, you will trek at a maximum altitude of 9,900 ft.
Nag Tibba Trek Cost:
- All permits and entry fees
- Trekking equipment
- First aid kits
- Oxygen cylinder
- Anything not mentioned under "Inclusions."
Nag Tibba Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Dehradun to Base Camp – Base Camp to Camp 1
Day 1 of your Nag tiba Trek would begin from Dehradun. The base camp of the Nag Tiba Trek is located in Pantwari Village. Dehradun to Pantwari Base Camp will be a 5-6 hr drive (85km). We will be reaching Pantwari by afternoon, driving via Mussoorie and Kempty Falls. It is located at an altitude of 4,650 ft. Start your today's trek toward Camp 1 at an altitude of 7,650ft. This will be a 4 km trek you can complete in 2-3 hrs. Reach your campsite by evening and spend the rest of your day here. Overnight stay in camp.
Day 2: Trek to Nag Tibba Top – Back to Dehradun via Pantwari Village
Day 2 would be trekking towards the Nag Tiba Top. Camp 1 to Nag Tiba Top is a 4 km trek. Start your day early and reach the Nag Tiba Top in 3-4 hrs. It is situated at an altitude of 9,900 ft. There is no water point available on the way, so carrying sufficient water would be a good idea. Spend some time on the Tiba Top and start trekking toward the Pantwari Village via Camp 1. Nag Tiba Top to Pantwari is an 8 km trek distance. Reach Pantwari village by early evening and start your drive to Dehradun. We will reach Dehradun by late evening, 9-10 pm. The 2-day trek comes to an end at Dehradun.
Things to Know before you go for Nag Tibba Trek:
- Go through a proper medical check-up to know if you are physically fit for the trek.
- It is a high-altitude trek. If you have any respiratory issues, do not go for this trek.
- The last ATM facility you can enjoy is in Mussoorie, and you will not get any ATM service on the rest of the trek.
- It is the highest summit located in the Garhwal Himalayas.
- November to March is the snowfall season in Nag Tiba.
Nag Tibba Trek - Things to Carry:
- Carry a sufficient amount of water with you on the trek, as there are few to no water resources on the trail.
- Carrying your pair of batteries, a walking stick, a backpack and a rain cover is required.
- Always keep a medical first-aid kit handy with you throughout the trek.
- Carry clothes according to the weather.
- Carry sunscreen, toilet wipes, toothbrush and toothpaste, and hand sanitiser.
- Carry all the mandatory documents necessary for the legal formalities with you.
- Wear your most sturdy pair of trekking shoes during the trek.
FAQs about Valley of Flowers Trek:
To reach the Nag Tiba Trek from Delhi, you must travel to Dehradun first. After covering the 255 km distance to Dehradun, you need to travel to the Nag Tiba trek base camp, i.e., Pantwari village, from where this trek begins.
The summer and autumn seasons are the best times for the Nag Tiba Trek. Due to the pleasant weather, February to Mid-June and Mid-September to the end of November are the best months to go for this trek.
The Nag Tibba Trek is at a distance of around 94 km from Dehradun. You will first drive towards the Nag Tibba base camp, around 85 km from Dehradun, then to camp 1 (4 km), and finally to the Nag Tiba Top (4km).
Yes, you can do the Nag Tiba Trek in January. The temperature varies from 5 °C to -8 °C during January. You will be trekking on the snow-filled trail this month.
Yes, you can witness snowfall on the Nag Tibba Trek. The months of December to March are the season you can trek during the snowfall on the Nag Tiba Trek. By the end of March, all the snowfall would disappear.
Hiring a guide on the Nag Tiba Trek is optional. It is a straightforward 2-day trek, which one can complete independently. Still, if you want more safety and professional supervision, you can opt for a guide to enhance your overall experience.
Yes! You can enjoy a 2 Day / 3 Night tour package of Nag Tibba Trek with India Thrills. This Nag Tibba Trek package includes camping (accommodation), complete transfer, meals, and trekking.