Residing amid the Kumaon mountains, Bhimtal is a small mountainous town located in the heart of Nainital district in Uttarakhand. Catch the bird’s eye view of snow-capped mountains, clean lakes, and lush greens while paragliding in Bhimtal. Thousand of adventure seekers every year visit Uttarakhand to experience paragliding in Bhimtal as it is the second best place for paragliding in India after Bir-Billing.
- Location: Jungalia Gaon, Bhimtal, Nainital
- Timings: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Minimum Age: 14 yr
- Wieght: 35 – 80 kg
Paragliding in Bhimtal: Cost
The cost of paragliding depends on the duration of the fly. However, the minimum cost of paragliding in Bhimtal is Rs 1600 only for 4-10 minutes fly.
|Short Fly||4-10 min||Rs 1600/ person|
|Medium Fly||15-25 min||Rs 4000/ person|
|Long Fly||30-45 min||Rs 6800/ person|
About the experience:
Your paragliding take-off point will be near the Bhimtal lake, you can reach here through a small trek of about 15-20 minutes. You’ll witness a flying experience over the lofty mountains and glide towards Naukuchiatal for a perfect, smooth landing on the ground gives you a perfect glimpse of the town situated amid mountains. A certified instructor will fly with you for the guidance and navigate the glider while you get a scenic view of the magnificent valley from above 1370 ft height.
- Safety Gears
- Licensed Pilots
- Certified Instructors
- Anything not mentioned in "Inclusions"
Safety tips for Paragliding
As much fun as it sounds to soar in the sky, Nainital Paragliding requires caution and strict preparation for safe flying experience. Make sure to listen to the instructor carefully and follow his leads. It doesn’t harm to gather some basic theoretical insights before going Paragliding in Bhimtal.
- Clear any doubts you may have with the instructor to ensure a safe and exciting Nainital paragliding experience.
- Wear tough sports shoes, warm thermals, and wind-proof jackets. Choose track pants over jeans for a comfortable running while taking off.
- Carry your sunglasses and gloves to avoid frostbite.
- Check the weather conditions and safety essentials availability properly.
- It is vital to have a good launch for an amazing flight. Follow what your instructor is suggesting to have a smart abort.
- A successful paragliding flight is summed up by a perfect landing. To avoid any mishappens, approach the landing zone with the right altitude to analyze wind conditions.
The best way to reach Bhimtal is either via Road, Train and Flight.
By Road: Bhimtal has smooth roads which are well-connected to the major destinations in Northern India. The total distance of Bhimtal from Delhi is 305 km, approx. 6 hours and 30-minute drive. Buses are also available from ISBT Kashmere Gate/Delhi Bus Stand or book your seat in a privately operated bus for Bhimtal available from Majnu ka Tilla.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Kathgodam from where Bhimtal is at a distance of 10 km. Catch a train that runs frequently from Delhi to Kathgodam. You can hire a cab or taxi from Kathgodam Railway Station to reach Bhimtal.
By Flight: Pantnagar is the nearest airport located about 55 km from Bhimtal. Taxis are easily available from the airport to drop you at Bhimtal and get in thrilling mode for Paragliding.
FAQs about paragliding in Bhimtal?
The price of paragliding depends on duration of flight. And the duration of Paragliding depends on the type of fly you opt. We have three options.
- Short fly: Rs 1800 per person
- Normal Fly: Rs 4500 per person
- High Fly: Rs 6800 per person
There are three types of flying offered in Bhimtal.
- Thermal Flying: With the help of warm air and surroundings, the paraglider rises gradually and detaches the thermals from the source that are used at the time of take-off.
- Cross-country flying: This requires expert-level efficiency to frequently shift from one thermal to the immediate next. The paraglider needs to have a good knowledge of air law, flying regulation, and aviation maps.
- Soaring: Soaring high in the sky is entirely dependent on the steady wind with a good speed. It is also the type of Paragliding that depends on the movement of the wind.
There are two places where you can enjoy paragliding in Nainital i.e., Bhimtal & Naukuchiatal. In Bhimtal, paragliding will cost you 1600 rupees per person. And the charges for paragliding in Naukuchiatal is 1800 rupees per person.
|Paragliding in Bhimtal||Rs 1600||4-10 min|
|Paragliding in Naukuchiatal||Rs 1800||5-10 min|
Paragliding in Bhimtal operates every day from 7 am to 6 pm in summer, and in winter from 9 am to 4 pm. Timings are dependable according to the weather conditions.
Below are the age & weight requirements:
Age: The activity is suitable for anyone above the age of 14 years.
Weight: The minimum weight required is 25 kg and maximum weight is up to 120 kg for participating in the Paragliding activity in Bhimtal.
September to December and March to June is the ideal time to try Paragliding in Bhimtal. Enjoy the mild breeze blowing past your and gentle weather conditions during these months make it even more perfect to make flying without the wings exciting amid mountains and lush greens.