If you are visiting Maharashtra, then you cannot afford not to visit Kamshet. It is a small village situated in the Pune district of Maharashtra. Kamshet is a beautiful hill station famous for paragliding. Surrounded by the wonderful Sahyadri Mountains, Kamshet has some of the finest views to witness. It is also considered one of the best paragliding spots in India due to its smooth take-off and landing sites. Therefore, Kamshet Paragliding is highly recommended for both beginners and veterans. Kamshet offers you three different types of paragliding fly, i.e. Basic Tandem fly, Instructional Tandem fly, and Acro Tandem fly.
- Meeting Point: Hotel Rangoli
- Winter Timings: 8 – 11 AM
- Summer Timings: 3 – 6 PM
- Age: 12 – 65 years
- Weight: 25 kg – 95 kg
Paragliding in Kamshet: Cost
The minimum cost for Paragliding in Kamshet is Rs 3000. For more packages, see price table below:
|Joy Tandem||10-15 min||Rs 3000|
|Instructional Tandem||10-15 min||Rs 4350|
|Acro Tandem||10-20 min||Rs 5300|
About Paragliding in Kamshet:
One has to reach near hotel Rangoli at Mumbai pune road. From here, we’ll drive towards the take-off point, to reach take-off point, you’ll have to hike further 500 metres to reach the flying point. While doing this sport you will be accompanied by trained pilots who will ensure your safety and provide you with a hassle-free experience. Embark on this adventure-filled journey and chase the skies overlooking the mountains and plateaus.
- Flying as per the package selected
- Safety Gears
- Licensed Pilots
- Certified Instructors
- Anything not mentioned in "Inclusions"
- Videography & photography charges
Safety Guidelines for paragliding in Kamshet:
- We provide you with experienced pilots, certified trainers, and quality safety gear which ensures you a hassle-free and safe flight.
- To ensure the safety of the tourists we change our parachutes every year so that you can enjoy this adventure fearlessly.
- The tandem pilots and instructors have the appropriate licenses and are certified to fly.
- All the adventure equipment provided during the flight are certified, in good condition, and properly maintained.
- We have valid documents and valid paragliding permits, after taking clearances from the forests and aero sports departments.
- Our pilots are educated about the wind pressure and weather conditions, which they take care of accurately before starting off with the flight procedure.
For kamshet paragliding, you need to reach Rangoli Hotel at Pune-Mumbai highway.
- By Air: The nearest airport to reach the paragliding site in Kamshet is Pune Airport. You can hire a private taxi or a shared vehicle to reach Kamshet from there or can also catch a suburban train heading to Lonavala, as Kamshet is just 18 km from there.
- By Train: To reach the Paragliding site by train, the nearest railway station is Lonavala Station. It is linked with Goa and Mumbai too. You can catch a suburban train or a private taxi to reach Kamshet which is 16 km from there.
- By Bus: You can opt for car rental services or for govt./private buses to reach Mumbai. Kamshet is 118 km from Mumbai, 56 km from Pune, and 16 km from Lonavala. To reach Kamshet, both private and state-owned buses ply regularly as the hill station is connected well to Mumbai and Pune by regular bus services.
- If cancellations are made within 30 days or prior, no cancellation charges will be deducted from the booking amount.
- If cancellations are made between 30-15 days, 50% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If cancellations are made in less than 7 days, 100% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- In the event of ‘No show’, No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
Once cancelled, any refunds would be processed in original payment method in 10 working day.
FAQs about Paragliding in Kamshet:
Kamshet Paragliding is absolutely safe as it is operated by professional and experienced pilots. We use certified and load-tested paragliding equipment and safety gear. The pilots who will accompany you are certified and experienced.
October to May are the best months to enjoy Paragliding in Kamshet. June to September is monsoon season in India, and it’s not suitable for paragliding. Just plan your trip accordingly and see the beauty of Maharashtra from the sky.
For a paragliding fly of 10-15 minutes, minimum cost of Paragliding in Kamshet is Rs 3000.
Below are the age and weight requirements to paraglide in Kamshet:
Age: Anyone between 12 – 65 years can enjoy this fun-filled and thrilling adventurous activity.
Weight: A person weighing between 25 kg to 95 kg is eligible to fly. You need to be physically fit and active to be able to hike around 500m or more to the flying site.
Paragliding is an activity subject to suitable weather and appropriate wind conditions. In winters, it is operated between 8 am – 11 am in the morning. And, in summers the best time to fly is usually in the afternoon between 3 pm – 6:30 pm.
You should wear body-fitted clothes which are comfortable too. Wear sturdy sports or trekking shoes and keep your feet covered. Also, you should be carrying gloves too, to avoid frostbites and injuries during your flight.
For videography, you have to pay an additional charge of Rs 500 per person. You will be provided with an action camera to record your flying experience. And you’ll get 30-35 pictures and 2-3 minute of video in the package.
Yes, you’re allowed to carry your own action camera to shoot videos without paying any additional charges.
To book Paragliding in Kamshet, one can visit our website “INDIA THRILLS” and make a reservation there. We take a partial advance of Rs 500 for bookings, after which confirmation will be shared with you.