To witness a birds eye view of the queen of hills, “Shimla”, you can try the Paragliding adventure. You’ll be flying at an aerial height of 4000-5000 ft. Catch some of the amazing views of snow-capped mountains and dense forests. Waknaghat and Shivpuri are the two major and most popular locations to try paragliding in Shimla.
- Location: Village Seri, Junga Shimla, HP
- Timings: 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM & 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Age: 12 yr
- Weight: 35 kg – 95 kg
Paragliding in Shimla: Price
The minimum price for paragliding in Shimla is Rs 2600 for a 8-15 minute fly. For more packages, see price table below:
|Joy Tandem||8-15 min||Rs 2600|
|Instructional Tandem||15-25 min||Rs 4500|
About Paragliding in Shimla:
The paragliding location is village Seri. One needs to travel a distance of around 22 km from the Shimla Mall Road themselves by hiring a taxi or any other mode of transport. The trip begin as parachute strap attached to your body and then you have to run a short distance before attempting the actual fly. Depending on the wind conditions, you will be provided with a 15-20 minutes of a paragliding session.
- Flying as per the package selected
- Safety Gears
- Licensed Pilots
- Certified Instructors
- Anything not mentioned in "Inclusions"
- Videography & photography charges
Safety Guidelines for paragliding in Shimla:
- We provide you with experienced pilots, certified trainers, and quality safety gear which ensures you a hassle-free and safe flight.
- To ensure the safety of the tourists we change our parachutes every 3 year so that you can enjoy this adventure fearlessly.
- Our pilots are highly courteous, helpful and professionals, having experience of flying for many years. They keep a check on all the paragliding gears and training time, briefing, etc.
- All the adventure equipment provided during the flight are certified, in good condition, and properly maintained.
- Our operators have all the valid documents and paragliding permits obtained from the aero sports department of Himachal Pradesh.
For paragliding in Shimla, you need to reach Village Seri on Junga Rd, H.P. Here's how you can reach with different modes of transport.
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jubbarhatti Airport, located 22 km from main town, You can hire a private taxi or a shared vehicle to reach Seri Village.
- By Road: You can opt for car rental services or for govt./private buses to reach Shimla. It is well connected to major cities namely Delhi, Chandigarh and Manali.
- If cancellations are made within 30 days or prior, no cancellation charges will be deducted from the booking amount.
- If cancellations are made between 30-15 days, 50% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If cancellations are made in less than 7 days, 100% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- In the event of ‘No show’, No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
Once cancelled, any refunds would be processed in original payment method in 10 working day.
FAQs about Paragliding in Shimla:
For paragliding in Shimla, either you can visit Waknaghat or Shivpuri. These both are the only and beautiful locations for enjoying this sport in Shimla.
March to June is the best time for paragliding in Shimla. But you can try this thrilling adventurous sport of flying in Shimla throughout the year except for monsoons. You are advised not to visit Shimla in monsoons (June to September) for paragliding as the weather plays a huge restriction.
To enjoy paragliding in Shimla you just need to spend an amount of Rs 2599. The price varies depending on the package you choose. Photography and videography is not included in this cost.
Below are the age and weight restrictions for paragliding in Shimla:
Age: Anybody of 12 years and above can enjoy this adventurous activity of flying in Shimla.
Weight: A person weighing between 35-95 kg can enjoy paragliding in Shimla.
Paragliding is an activity subject to suitable weather and appropriate wind conditions. In winters, it is operated between 7:30 am – 11:00 am in the morning. And, in summers the best time to fly is usually in the afternoon between 3 pm – 6:30 pm.
Always wear comfortable shoes and clothing that is tight-fitting, such as pants or trousers, as you’ve to run a short distance before take-off and landing.
For videography, you have to pay an additional charge of Rs 500 per person. You will be provided with an action camera to record your flying experience. And you’ll get 30-35 pictures and 2-3 minute of video in the package.