Get a heartily welcoming from the fine and always-for-your-help people of Rajasthan upon arrival at the Sunrise Desert Camp. It is perfectly located in the middle of the village and offers a great exploring invitation to feel close to desert life. It is one of the best desert camps that you can have all the fun and do exciting cultural activities in Sam Sand Dunes.
Enjoy the stay at the desert tents well-conducted with modern amenities and great food. Relax in the vastness of Thar Desert and enjoy the view of the sand dunes standing like a rock on barren land. Indeed, the view is dreamlike and to exhilarate the view more, opt for the Camelback Safari in the desert and explore the surroundings.
Itinerary: Sunrise Desert Camp
Day 1: Arrival at Sam Sand Dunes
- Drive your way to Jaisalmer and reach Sam Sand Dunes by afternoon. Get a traditional warm welcome with Tikka Dastoori Rasam followed by non-alcoholic welcome drinks.
- Step out to explore the region on camelback safari. Also, watch the sun sinking slowly painting the sky with the shades of red and yellow.
- Return to the campsite later and relish the refreshments.
- Be a part of the cultural activities organized at the camp and enjoy the soothing folk music and match your steps with the Rajasthani dance.
- Eat a delicious Rajasthani cuisine by the bonfire. Party your heart out at DJ night.
- Sleep in the cool desert breeze under the sky packed with millions of stars.
Day 2: Departure
- Be an early bird and witness the incredible sight of the sunset.
- Check out and leave for your home destination and live your enthusiastic moments with family and friends.
There are various options open for you to reach Sunrise Desert Camp and enjoy the desert camping. The distance between Delhi and Jaisalmer is 767 km. You can reach the city either by road, by train, or by flight. Once you are at the city center, hire a cab, metered auto, or local auto-rickshaw to reach Sunrise Desert Camp.
Yes, it is completely safe for everyone. You will be provided with professional tour guides and drivers to guide you through the entire tour. However, follow the ground-rules as suggested by the guides and drivers for safety purposes.
The travellers are in huge numbers during winter, the peak season as heat and humidity are not so favourable. The places are open at every season, however, the best time to enjoy the desert camping experience at Sam Sand Dunes is from October to mid-March.
Yes. Queen Harish, Desert National Park, Sam Sand Dunes, and Jain Temples are some famous nearby attractions that you can explore. You can also go to the Jaisalmer, just an hour’s drive away, and visit ancient palaces, historic forts, and wander in the colourful streets of the city.