The Ultimate beach paradise
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands, nestled in the Bay of Bengal, are a stunning paradise that will capture your heart. If you’re a nature lover or simply adore beaches, this is the ultimate destination for you. Andaman tourism boasts pristine white sandy shores, crystal clear turquoise waters, and lush green landscapes, that will make you a fan of this destination. Not only this. One can indulge in thrilling water sports like scuba diving and snorkeling. And, To satisfy your taste buds, you can have a wide range of delicious seafood delicacies.
1. Havelock Island: Popularly known as Swaraj Dweep, Havelock Island is a must-visit place to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It is one of the largest isles in Andaman. You can also participate in many water activities organized in the beaches of Havelock.
2. Neil Island: Neil Island is one of the most famous and most visited destinations in the Andaman Islands. Also known as Shaheed Dweep, October to February is the best time to visit here. Visit various beaches here and have fun doing adventure activities.
3. Cellular Jail: Cellular Jail is a museum located in Port Blair. Famous worldwide as Kalaa Paani, you can enjoy a great light and sound show here every Tue, Thu, Sat, and Sunday. You can visit here from 9AM to 1PM and 2PM to 5PM with an entry ticket of just INR 30.
4. Baratang Island: If you want to get a step closer to nature, then Baratang Island should be your ideal spot in Andaman. Limestone Caves, Mangrove Forests, Mud Volcanos, Parrot Island, and Baludera Beach are the highlights of this Island. This place should be on every tourists bucket list.
5. Mount Harriet National Park: Immerse yourself in nature’s embrace and create unforgettable memories on a visit to Mount Harriet National Park. While trekking in this mountain, you can always sight various species of stunning birds. One can also plan a overnight camping here.
6. Chidiya Tapu: As the name suggests, Chidiya Tapu is abode of many species of beautiful birds. It is popularly known as Bird Island. You can see varieties of bird here namely Collared Kingfisher, Andaman Serpent Eagle, Andaman Drongo and Black naped Oriole.
1. Discovering Sea Life: Discovering the sea life in Andaman and Nicobar Islands can be one of the best experiences of the underwater world for you. Scuba Diving is one of the best activities for exploring the marine life of Andaman.
2. Sea Walking: Have you ever dreamt of walking underwater? Well, you can turn that dream into reality at Havelock Island in Andaman. You will be sea walking at 15-25 feet under sea level. The price for this activity starts from INR 3.5k
3. Mangrove Kayaking: One of the best things to do in Andaman is Kayaking. In this activity, you’ll glide through the lush mangroves of Havelock Island. It is 2.5-hour adventure, where you’ll navigate the serene waters of Andaman.
4. Watersports: Indulge in the variety of watersports in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Scuba diving, Snorkeling, Jet Ski, Banana ride, Glass bottom boat ride and parasailing are some of the best water sports here.
5. Travel by Sea Plane: In Andaman one can not miss enjoying a seaplane ride. You will be getting a bird’s eye view of the whole Andaman and Nicobar Islands during your ride. The price for these rides starts just from INR 4500.
6. Enjoying the sunset at Chidiya Tapu: Enjoy a beautiful sunset on Chidiya Tapu in Port Blair. It is popularly sunset point. Because witnessing the sunset here and looking at the picturesque view can prove to be a enchanting experience.
Take a look at some of the best Islands in Andaman:
1. Havelock Island: Havelock Island is one of the most popular islands in Andaman. Along with most stunning beaches, Havelock offers thrilling adventures like scuba diving, snorkeling, glass bottom boat ride and sea walking.
2. Neil Island: Neil Island is a small yet beautiful island located in the south of Andaman. Often termed as the “Vegetable Bowl of Andaman”, this island is considered a romantically silent island as compared to Havelock.
3.Ross and Smith Island: Ross and Smith Island are the twin islands of Andaman and Nicobar. The beautiful villages, untouched marine life, virgin beaches, and turquoise water are the highlights of Ross and Smith Island.
4. Diglipur Island: Diglipur is the perfect destination for nature lovers. You get to witness mesmerizing landscapes and exotic marine life here. Diglipur Island offers more than just natural beauty – it embraces eco-friendly tourism, making it a truly special destination in Andaman.
5. Baratang Island: Previously known as one of the dangerous islands of Andaman, Baratang is now one of the most famous islands of Andaman and Nicobar. Limestone caves, parrot island, mud volcano, mangrove creek, strait island, etc are the highlights of Baratang.
6. Barren Island: Barren Island has the one and only active volcano in SouthEast Asia. Although you won’t be seeing any inhabitants here still this mysteriously beautiful island is a must-visit in Andaman. Due to its crystal clear water, Barren Island has one of the world’s best diving spots.
Here are top 6 resorts, you should look forward to, if you’re planning a a trip to Andaman.
1. Sea Shell Resort and Spa: Sea Shell Resort & Spa is one of the best resorts in Havelock, Andaman. This beachfront property is surrounded by lush greenery which provides a calm atmosphere to relax. Rejuvenating spa therapies, relaxing in the Jacuzzi, and enjoying leisure walks are some of the best things you can enjoy in this resort.
2. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa: Taj Exotica Resort & Spa is indeed one of the best 5-star resorts in Andaman. The property offers 5 types of rooms including deluxe villa, luxury villa and Tata suite. Rooms are inspired by the indigenous tribe, an Olympic-length infinity swimming pool, and its commendable service are something you can look forward.
3. Blue Lagoon Resort at Neil Island: Blue Lagoon Resort at Neil Island is a beautiful 3-star resort one can plan a stay in. It is known to be one of the best resorts on Neil Island, Andaman. A shared kitchen, room service, rooms switch garden, a shared lounge, giant swimming pool and a restaurant are some of the amenities you can look forward to here.
4. Tilar Siro Andamans: Located in Havelock Island, Tilar Siro Andamans is a 4-star resort property that offers spectacular views of Bay of Bengal. It is located just a few steps from Vijay Nagar Beach. The property has 3 types of luxury accommodation options. Along with accommodation you get a nice garden area, multicuisine restaurant, free bikes to explore, and a private beach.
5. Advasha Beach Spa Resort: Advasha Beach Spa Resort is a popular property to plan a stay in South Andaman. The resort offers you rooms with or without a sea view. Your own private garden, private beach front, fun in the swimming pool, beautifully made cozy rooms, food at mutli-cuisine restaurant relaxing spa sessions are some of the things you can enjoy here.
6. The Barefoot Resort at Havelock Island: Located at a distance of just .4 km from the Radhanagar Beach, The Barefoot Resort is one of the best in Havelock Island, Andaman. Without a doubt, this resort will provide you with an experience for a lifetime. Surrounded by tropical forests, deep blue water, and a clear blue sky it is perfect for a relaxing holiday in Andaman.
For the ultimate Andaman and Nicobar Islands experience, plan your visit between November and April. These months are the prime time and you’ll enjoy pleasant conditions, making it ideal for exploring the stunning islands and indulging in various activities.
Located in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman can be reached only by two ways:
By Air: The Veer Savarkar Airport, located in Port Blair, is an international Airport through which you can easily reach Andaman. It is a well-connected airport with major cities such as Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi, and Bhubaneshwar. The flight takes around 3 hours of time on average.
By Sea: You can reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands by sea also. There are many cargo ships from Chennai, Kolkata, and Vishakapatnam to Port Blair. These ships would take you to Port Blair’s Haddoo Jetty. Although reaching Andaman by sea is not a comfortable and convenient way, still you can opt for it as it is less expensive than going by air.
The best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Island is from November to April. You will be experiencing pleasant weather during these months here. The temperature ranges from 25 degrees to 30 degrees. One should avoid visiting here during the monsoon season (May to October).
Andaman and Nicobar Islands is home to a huge number of islands. There are around 572 islands in total here, out of which very few are populated. Port Blair, Havelock Island, Neil Island, Baratang Island, Ross Island, and Jolly Bouy Island are some of them.
To reach the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, air travel is the most convenient option. The Veer Savarkar Airport, situated in Port Blair, offers excellent connectivity with major cities across India. With flight durations typically ranging from 2 to 3 hours on average, you can reach Andaman swiftly.
The Maldives and Andaman & Nicobar Islands both are beautiful tourist spots across the world. Although there can be no comparison between these islands, if you are looking for a budget-friendly and less crowded trip then Andaman is the right choice for you.
The Indian Rupee is the currency used in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It is advised to carry an adequate amount of cash with you during your trip, as the only ATMs available here are in Havelock Island and Port Blair.
Andaman and Nicobar Island is a seafood heaven. If you are a seafood lover, this place will not disappoint you. You can also easily find a variety of Indian Food as well as Continental Food here in Andaman. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, both are easily available here.
Almost each and every kind of festival is celebrated here in Andaman, be it Diwali, Holi, or Christmas. Some of Andaman’s own festivals where you can witness its heritage and culture are the Island tourism festival, beach festival, Subhash mela, music and food festival, etc.