Booking Safari in Jim Corbett National Park: A Handy Guide (2021)
© Deep Rajwar
Spend your time in the wilderness of Corbett National Park very closely via Jeep and Canter safari. The park has huge popularity for jungle safari among tourists. Jim Corbett is the best option for everyone who loves to explore the fascinating wildlife and flora of a particular jungle. This handy guide will help you in finding out the zones, timings, cost, best season and how to book your safari in Jim Corbett National Park.
Types of Safari in Corbett National Park
One can book two types of Safari in Jim Corbett National Park:
- Jeep Safari – Riding in an open- gypsy in the jungle is popular as Jeep Safari. Jeep is a small vehicle that can accommodate 6 Adults & 2 kids at a time. Jeep Safari booking is available in Bijrani, Jhirna, Dhela, Durga Devi and Sitabani zones of Jim Corbett. To book a Dhikala jeep safari, booking a night stay in the Dhikala zone is mandatory.
- Canter Safari – Another great way to explore Jim Corbett National Park is through Canter Safari. Canter is a larger vehicle usually of a bus size that can accommodate 16 people at once. If your group is bigger than 6-8 people, booking a canter safari in Jim Corbett is better. “Dhikala” is the only zone available for canter safari booking at Jim Corbett.
- Elephant Safari – As per the High Court’s order, the elephant safari is banned in Jim Corbett because of the animal abuse by the locals on elephants.
What are the charges for booking Jim Corbett Safari?
The cost of jungle safari varies as per Vehicle – jeep or canter and nationality. Charges include permit, guide fees, driver and jeep/ canter cost. For prices, see the chart below.
|Vehicle Type||Indian Nationals||Foreign Nationals|
|Jeep Safari||Rs 4500 per jeep||Rs 9000 per jeep|
|Canter Safari||Rs 1500 per person||Rs 3200 per person|
Jungle Safari in Jim Corbett National Park: Timings
© Deep Rajwar
Round the years timings of Safari in Jim Corbett:
Bijrani, Jhirna, Durga devi & Sitabani
6:00 – 9:30 am
3:00 – 6:30 pm
7:00 – 10:30 am
2:00 – 5:30 pm
Summer & Winters
6:00 – 11:30 am
12:00 – 5:30 pm
The enticing wilderness and wildlife of Jim Corbett can be explored and enjoyed twice a day. The best time for the safari in Corbett Park is from “November to June” as the majority of the zones are open during these months.
Zones in Jim Corbett National Park:
The Jim Corbett National Park is distributed in five zones and each zone is captivated by a particular habitat and is under strict rules and regulation as advised by the conservation authorities of the park.
- Durga Devi
All the safari bookings in every zones are managed by corbett tiger reserve officials as per the orders by India’s forest department.
How to advance book a Jim Corbett safari online?
There are two types of safari you can book online – Jeep Safari or Canter Safari.
To online book your Jim Corbett safari, you need to visit the official website of Jim Corbett National Park. And follow these steps.
STEP 1 –
- Complete the registration on the Jim Corbett official website by filling in the requirements- ID Proof Type and number, DOB, your name, contact number, email id, and a passport size photograph.
- Set your password and click on “Submit”. You’ve registered successfully now.
- Sign in to your account and you will be on the Corbett national park booking portal.
- For booking your jungle safari, the option is found on the right side of the webpage. Choose your safari zone and date.
- On the next page, you’ll see the availability of safari.
- Select the one which is available and accept all the terms & conditions.
- In the next step select the number of adults and children in the group and proceed by entering the details of Adults & children i.e., gender, age, ID proof number & phone no. Also, you have to upload a photo of the group leader. (can be the person who is making the booking).
- Click on proceed and you’ll be on the last step i.e., the payment page after checking all details, make the payment and booking for a safari will be confirmed.
After getting your permits, next step is to hire a jeep for your safari in Jim Corbett. You can contact us at 8077146567 / 9897770643 for Gypsy bookings.
Seems a hassle right, below is the EASY WAY of booking your Ranthambore safari online:
Easy way to book your Jungle Safari in Corbett Online:
- Call us right away at 8077146567 or 9897770643 or email us at email@example.com
- Tell us the full name of each person travelling, as it is in their passport.
- Your preferred dates of arrival along with the preferred times for safari (morning/afternoon).
- Your preferred safari vehicle (Jeep or Canter).
- Send us your Id proof copy – Adhaar is preferable.
- The passport number of each person visiting if you’re a foreign tourist.
- Pay us online via UPI, Netbanking, etc.
You just have to partial amount advance, rest you can pay at arrival. We’ll do all the legwork for you by arranging permits, gypsy, guide and driver at no extra cost.
Things to keep in mind while planning the safari in Jim Corbett:
Many tourists face challenges while booking the safaris and choosing the zones to experience the wilderness at the Corbett National Park. We have got you covered! Below are few things to keep in mind before booking the safari
- While booking online you have to pay the full amount to book a vehicle (Jeep or Canter).
- Carry the same ID proof that you have submitted during booking. For non-Indians, a valid passport is a must.
- Once the booking is confirmed permit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- If you’re planning a Jeep Safari in the Dhikala zone, a booking has to be made at least 70-80 days advance to ensure availability.
- You are advised to book your slot 45 days (for Indians) and 90 days (for Foreigners) in advance to ensure your safari.
- The park can be closed without giving any prior notice to the tourists.
- You need to report 30 minutes prior to the safari starts.
- You can pay the difference of the payment at the booking window during the entry time in case of any payment revision.
- Follow the instruction provided by the guide and driver before and during the safari.
- You may encounter mosquitoes and other insects that can be poisonous to your body. So, wear comfortable and full-length clothes to avoid this.
Frequently Asked Questions About Safari in Jim Corbett:
Both vehicles have prestigious experience in their way. Gypsy is private, costly, and not very noisy as compared to Canter, which is most preferred not to scare away the wild animals. If you have a smaller group like 6 Adults & 2 kids it is feasible that you opt for a Gypsy Safari and in case of a large group like 10 to 16 go for a Canter Safari.
The weather in Nainital is always pleasant. If you love sunrise and want to spot tigers and other wild animals and birds, the early morning slot is the most preferable.
Every zone provides an exclusive experience. Below are list according their popularilty.
- Durga Devi
Jim Corbett is one of the best national parks across the World, to witness the tigers. But tigers have shy nature and are mysterious animals, and hence sighting a tiger is very unpredictable. There are higher chances to witness this appealing predator during the summer season.
There are no age restrictions for safari in Jim Corbett National Park. Everyone is heartily welcome to explore the wildlife and witness the incredible flora and fauna habituating in the Corbett National Park.
If you are an Indian, you are required to provide valid identity proof and address proof. If you are a foreign national, you have to provide identity proof and nationality proof along with the passport number to secure your seat.
If you’re booking through official website, then full payment has to be made in advance for booking corbett safari online. But if you’re booking through a second party vendors like us, we charge 50% amt. rest payment has to be made at arrival.
Yes, you contact at 8077146567 / 9897770643 for immediate assistance for jim corbett safari booking. We’ll be happy to arrange permits, jeep, guide and pickup & drop service.