Ultimate guide to Jungle Safari In Ranthambore National Park
Rajasthan, apart from the ancient history of Maharajas and rich culture, is also famous for its wildlife safari experience in Ranthambore National Park. Situated at a distance of 160 km from Jaipur, Ranthambore National Park is located in the Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan. The park is an incredible attraction amongst the tourists for wild big cats and other species of wild animals, reptiles, birds, and rich flora. The park has huge popularity among wildlife photographers due to rich bio-diversity.
Types of Safari in Ranthambore National Park:
There are two types of Safari available in Ranthambore National Park:
- Jeep Safari – Exploring jungle via open-jeep referred as jeep Safari. A Jeep is a small vehicle that can accommodate 6-8 people at once.
- Canter Safari – Safari done via Canter in Jungle is known as Canter safari. Canter is a larger vehicle in which 20 people can sit at once.
Spend your time in the wilderness of Ranthambore National Park by taking Jeep or Canter safari. Jeep Safari in Ranthambore National Park is the best way for adventure seekers to experience the wildlife closely and enjoy a stay amid nature.
Which one to choose, Canter or Jeep Safari?
If you want to get a closer look at the wildlife and want to witness the royal predators and fauna of Park closely Open-Jeep Safari is the best option. However, if you are a person who are afraid of getting close to animals Canter Safari is what you should prefer.
Note – Both Safari follows the same route plan so you will not miss out on anything. And it will take 3 hours to complete any Safari in Ranthambore National Park.
Jungle Safari in Ranthambore: Cost
The costs vary as per the vehicle and the season and you just have to pay per seat.
|Tourist Type||Jeep Safari Cost||Canter Safari Cost|
|Indians||Rs 800 – 900/ person||Rs 500 – 600/ person|
|Foreigners||Rs 1500 – 2000/ person||Rs 1000 – 2000/ person|
Special Safari in Ranthambore: Cost
You can also enjoy private safari in Ranthambore National Park for half-day or full-day.
You can also book the Jeep or Canter Safari for full-day and half-day if you like to go on a private trip that will cost you the minimum amount of INR 15,000 for Canter Safari, and a minimum amount INR 20,000 for Jeep Safari.
Safari Timings: Ranthambore National Park
You can enjoy the Jungle Safari in Ranthambore twice a day. As the Safari is conducted two times every day i.e in Morning & Evening. However, the safari time changes according to the seasons keeping the convenience of the tourists in mind. Below are the round the year timings:
Round the year Timings: Jungle Safari in Ranthambore
|Date||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|1 October – 31 October||6:30 – 10:00 am||2:30 – 6:00 pm|
|1 November – 31 January||7:00 – 10:30 am||2:00 – 5:30 pm|
|1 February – 31 March||6:30 – 10:00 am||2:30 – 6:00 pm|
|1 April – 15 May||6:00 – 9:30 am||3:00 – 6:30 pm|
|15 May – 30 June||6:00 – 9:30 am||3:30 – 7:00 pm|
Best Zone For Safari in Ranthambore National Park
Ranthambore National Park is famous for the tiger’s conservation and is an adobe to various fauna and birds and reptiles’ species of India. The park is distributed in 10 zones and each zone is captivated by the specific habitat. These safari zones are well maintained and are under the strict rules and regulations as advised by the authorities of conservation of the park.
- Zones 1 to 5 will take you into the central part of the park and deeper areas of the jungle. The probability is quite high that you can spot the tigers playing with their cubs, drinking water off the lake, and running at a very high speed to catch their prey.
- Zones between 6 to 10 for safari, the probability for spotting a tiger is slightly less, but why keep fixated on the tigers when you can also spot over 200 species of birds like woodpeckers, Indian Hornbills, Kingfishers, Cuckoos, and more, migrated from different regions of the country, mammals like Blue Cow(Neelgai), Jackals, Hyenas, Langoor, Chinkara, Wild Boar, Sloth Bear, Indian Flying Fox, Turtles, Crocodiles, Indian Python, Cobra, and many other reptiles.
Our recommendation is to choose zone 3 if you’re visiting to spot tigers especially! Zone 3 near the lakes including Padam Talab, Rajbagh Lake, and Malik Lake is believed to be the most suitable habitat for tigers and other wild species.
Best Time to visit Ranthambore National Park:
The Ranthambore National Park remains open from October to June.
However, March to June is considered the best time for sighting Bengal Tigers as they come out of their den to stay hydrated all day due to hot weather. Temperature can go as high as 45 degrees during these months. Winter season between November to February is great for seeing different species of birds due to pleasant and calm weather. The temperature between these months ranges from 10-30 degree.
As the monsoon is the breeding season, the Park remains closed from July to September.
How to book Safari in Ranthambore National Park?
1. Procedure for booking your safari in Ranthambore via official website:
- Visit – Official website
- Sign up and create your SSO ID.
- Click on Rajasthan Wildlife and then Ticket booking.
- In field named, “Select Place”
- If zone is available on the selected Place, select Zone from the drop down given.
- If no Zone is available on the selected Place, select ‘Date of Visit’, ‘Choose Shift’, ‘Select Vehicle’.
- On the basis of selection of Vehicle, Member Details grid will appear.
- In the ‘Member Details’ grid enter all the details of the Member going to visit.
- Fill the Name of member under “Name” column.
- Select Gender, Nationality, ID Type of the Member from the give drop down in the ‘Member Details’ Grid.
- Enter ID Number of the Member under the column ‘IDNo’.
- Enter the number of cameras each Member wants to take with him/her.
- Enter the Captcha code generated.
- Filling all the fields which are marked with asterisk sign (*) is mandatory.
- Click “Submit” to Complete the Booking Procedure.
- Payment page will open which will show all the details and pay now button to complete the payment process.
- Congrats you’ve booked your safari take out the voucher print, in case you need it.
- Seems a hassle right, below is the EASY WAY of booking your Ranthambore safari online:
2. Easy way to book your Ranthambore Safari Online:
- Call us right away at 8077146567 or 9897770643 or email us at email@example.com
- Tell us the full name of each person travelling, as it is in their passport.
- Your preferred dates of arrival along with the preferred times for safari (morning/afternoon).
- Your preferred safari vehicle (Jeep or Canter).
- Send us your Id proof copy.
- The passport number of each person visiting if you’re a foreign tourist.
- Pay us online via UPI, Netbanking, etc.
We can help you to book your stay at a comfortable hotel or resort (of your choice) under your budget that is also close to the park. We can also book private transport with us to reach the Safari entry point from any nearest airport and station.
Important things to keep in mind before booking Safari in Ranthambore:
There are few things that you should keep in mind before booking the safari in Ranthambore National Park.
- You have to make the full payment to book a vehicle (Jeep/Canter) in advance.
- ID proof is must for each visitor, and you must carry the same ID as you have submitted during the booking
- Booking is non-transferrable and you are not allowed to exchange your booking with anyone.
- Based on the availability, safari permission is issued based on first-come, first-serve.
- Passport details are mandatory for foreign visitors, and nationality ID Proof is mandatory for Indian tourists.
- Given the climate and vehicle availability, the park can be closed without giving any prior notice.
- You are advised to book the safari 90 days in advance, the maximum time.
- The tourists are asked to report at the entry point 15 minutes before the safari starts.
- In case of any payment revision, you have to pay the difference amt. at the booking window during the entry time.
- Follow the safety instructions provided by the guide and the driver during the safari.
- Wear comfortable and full-length clothes to protect yourself from mosquitoes and other insects.
How to reach Ranthambore National Park?
Situated in a Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan, Ranthambore National Park is well-connected with all the major cities in India by roads and rails. Reaching the park is easy for travellers, even easier if you do a little research on the transport to follow.
The nearest airport for all domestic flights is Sanganer Airport in Jaipur located approximately 160 km from Ranthambore National Park. Upon arrival at the airport several cabs, direct buses, and metered taxis are available that will depart you to Ranthambore.
The closest railway station is Sawai Madhopur Railway Station, which is only at a distance of 11 km from Ranthambore National Park. Many direct local & deluxe trains are constantly run from the major cities of India like Jaipur, Delhi, Banglore, Mumbai, Hyderabad to Sawai Madhopur Station. From the station, travellers can take direct cabs, shared taxis and local buses to reach Ranthambore National Park.
Ranthambore is well-connected with the roads from all the major cities of India like Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Agra, and Ahmedabad. It is the best and a convenient way to reach the park.
- Distances between the different cities to the park
- Jaipur to Ranthambore- 169 km via NH 21
- Delhi to Ranthambore- 397 km via NH 48
- Agra to Ranthambore- 297 km via Bikaner-Agra Road
- Jodhpur to Ranthambore- 425 km via NH 25
- Udaipur to Ranthambore- 412 km via NH 758
- Mumbai to Ranthambore- 1,104 km via NH 48
Frequently Asked Questions About Jungle Safari in Ranthambore National Park
There are good enough hotels to ensure a comfortable stay in Ranthambore. From budget hotels to spacious and graceful villas and off-beat forest resorts, you have plenty of choices to go with according to your budget. Some popular location to stay are:
- Nahargarh Hotel,
- Hotel Dev Vilas,
- Tiger Den Resort,
- Vivanta Sawai Madhopur Lodge
- Treehouse, Anuraga Palace, and all hotels are close to the park.
Apart from spotting fascinating wildlife at Ranthambore, you can explore many places of Rajasthan that are close to the park. Rajasthan, the city of palaces, is known for its rich heritage and ancient ruins have so much more to offer to treat your eyes.
- Ranthambore Fort
- Ruins of Jogi Mahal
- Trinetra Ganesh Temple Ranthambore
- Rajeev Gandhi Museum
- Taste the popular Rajasthani Cuisine at Wild dragon dhaba
Both Gypsy and Canters are an amazing experience in their way. The fact about Gypsy’s is that they are private, costly, and not very noisy. However, Gypsy and Canters cover the same tracks into the wilderness. If you have a smaller group like 4 to 6 people it is feasible that you opt for a Gypsy Safari and in case of a large group like 10 to 20 go for a Canter Safari.
You should take an early morning or a late evening safari, to avoid the scorching heat of the sun.
Every zone provides an exclusive experience. One should trade through every zone and enjoy the blissful wilderness.
Ranthambhore is one of the best places across the World, to witness the tigers. But, tigers are basically shy and mysterious animals, and hence sighting a tiger is very unpredictable. There is a higher possibility to witness this fascinating predator in the summer season as they go zone to zone in search of water and food.
No, there are no age restrictions. Everyone is heartily welcome to explore the wildlife and witness the incredible flora residing in the Ranthambore National Park.
The safari is conducted two times a day, in the morning and in the evening. The duration for each safari lasts for 3 hours, depending on the timings during the season.
This depends on the clauses of the organization; you have booked your package with. Most probably they would help you to buy the entry permits or book it on your behalf and charge you for the same.
One can bring along a still camera for free. In case you are carrying your video camera, then you have to pay Rs 200 at the entry gate per belonging to get the permit. Feel free to take help from the driver, for the same.
If you are an Indian national then you are required to provide identity proof and address proof. If you are a foreign national then you have to provide identity proof and nationality proof along with the passport number to secure your seat.
The price of a safari has to be paid completely in advance while booking. The booking is non-refundable and non-transferable if you wish to cancel or change the booking.
Ranthambhore proffers three hiking options; the Ranthambore Fort, the Chandmari and Jhoomar Baori area, and the Balas and Kala Patthar area of Man Singh Sanctuary. Explore the National Park on foot and admire the varied birdlife and the local vegetation in that area.
Due to the loose tigers and other wild species, you are not allowed to stroll in the park on your own. Follow the safety tips from the guide and the driver.