19 Top Things to do in udaipur at Night (2020) with Photos & Reviews
If night is your preferred time to hit the road and explore the places, then you are in great luck as there are a lot of things to do in Udaipur at night . Udaipur is also known as the City of Lakes. Visit ancient forts, palaces and mesmerizing lakes that are best to be witness during the night.
Things to do in Udaipur at Night:
- Visit marvel wonder- City Palace
- Romantic Boat Ride at Lake Pichola
- Catch the amazing panoramic view at Monsoon Palace
- Sunset Terrace at Fateh Prakash Palace
- Enjoy light and sound show at Kumbhalgarh fort
- Know about the glorious past of various historical sites
- Witness the vast Thar Desert on Camelback Safari
- Witness the enchanting Jagdish Temple
- Spend some time among the wildlife at Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary
- Step into nature at Aravali Trekking Point
- Catch a bird’s eye view of the city by Parasailing
- Take a sunset ferry ride at Fateh Sagar Lake
- Set your eyes on the vintage cars at Palace Garage
- Shop your heart out in Old Markets
- Have a taste of sweets and snacks
- Walking tour to Tiger Lake
- Visit three-storey Jain Temple
- Horse riding in Udaipur
- Feel the royalty at Sheesh Mahal
Visit Ancient Historic Sights at Night in Udaipur
1. Visit the wonderful- City Palace
The best way to spend a night out in Udaipur is by taking a tour to City Palace. Visit the marvel wonder at night and capture a beautiful view of the palace at night by the lake when it glows up golden with lights. City Palace is truly a treat for the eyes with its huge courtyard, antique ornated corridors, gardens blooming with freshly cut grass, big trees, and fragranced flowers, temples built inside the palace, and many other things.
It is situated 64 km from the city center and holds a great historic significance.
- For adults- INR 30 per person
- For kids- INR 15 per head
- INR 200 as a Camera Fee
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, 7 days a week
2. Romantic Boat Ride at Lake Pichola
Boat ride in Pichola lake is a popular thing to do here in Udaipur. One of the most tranquil lakes, Lake Pichola is built-in 1362 and is surrounded by stunning structural designs. The lake is undoubtedly a treat to eyes at night when the colourful lights give it the most magnificent look. Because of the beauty it holds and its mysterious history, the lake attracts many tourists throughout the year from all across the world.
- Entry Fee: Free of cost.
- Boat Ride Charges: INR 400 for adults and INR 200 for children per head.
- Gate opens at 9:00 am and closes at 6:00 pm
- Boat Ride timings are from 10:00 am till 5:00 pm
3. Catch the amazing panoramic view at Monsoon Palace
Located on the hillside of the city, Monsoon Palace is a must-visit for travellers. Also known as Sajjan Garh Palace, it offers a great panoramic view of the whole city with lakes, forts, and palaces around. The prime motive to make this palace is to sit around and watch the clouds changing the colours in monsoon season. Located at the Aravalli Hills, the palace looks spell-bound when the whole place brightens up with the colourful lights and the entire city beneath your feet.
- Indian Tourists – Rs 10 per head
- Foreign Tourists – Rs 80 per head
- Timings: 8 am to 6 pm
4. Sunset Terrace at Fateh Prakash Palace
If you find sunset mesmerizing and enthralling, then the Fateh Prakash Palace is the place for you. Enjoy the awe-struck view of a sunset from the terrace of the palace. Surrounded by the Aravalli Hills and majestic Lake Pichola, the view of the sun setting over the horizon feels more hypnotized than ever. Don’t miss out on this view if you are in Udaipur and capture the beautiful memories in your camera to cherish them with your friends and family.
- Timings: Remains open 24*7
5. Enjoy the light and sound show at Kumbhalgarh Fort
Visit Kumbhalgarh Fort during the night and enjoy the spectacular light and sound show amid the ruins. The entire fort illuminates with the light and the folk music makes it even more charming. The show starts at around 6:45 PM every evening and gives an impression of the Royal Rajputs. Also enjoy the folk-dance performances on the Rajasthani music that depicts the rich culture and great history of Mewar and Kumbhalgarh Fort. The show lasts for 45 minutes and is an attraction for all the tourists planning to visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort.
- For Indians- INR 10.
- For Foreigners- INR 100
- INR 25 as Camera fees
Timings: 9 am-6 pm
6. Know about the glorious past of various historical sites
Udaipur, apart from the huge lakes and gardens, is a proud city with its rich culture and heritage and has been a great attraction among the tourists and couples throughout the year. Taking a heritage walk around Udaipur is surely the best thing to-do during visiting Rajasthan. Admire the amazing architectural design of Bagore Ki Haveli, Maharana Pratap Memorial, Jag Mandir Palace, Lake Palace of Udaipur, Saheliyo ki Badi, Taj Lake Palace, museums, and many other historic monuments and explore the glorious past of the City of Lakes.
- Rs 10 for Indians
- Rs 100 for foreigners
Timings: The Standard timings to visit these sites are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
7. Camelback Safari in the dunes of the Thar Desert
One of the most romantic things to do for the loving couples is to see the endless Thar desert on camel safari in Rajasthan. Witness the amazing view of the sunset in the desert and capture the amazing view of ancient forts, palaces, lakes, and historic temples. Immerse yourself into the different hues of the sun setting over the horizon. The Camel Safari is the most fun and magical things you will experience in the evening with the cool breezes and pleasant weather.
- Entry Fees: No fee to enter the dunes. The camelback safari will cost you a minimum amount of INR 500 per head.
Fun things to do in Udaipur at night with Family and Friends
8. Witness the enchanting Jagdish Temple
© Agneskok (Flickr)
Jagdish Temple is situated right in the heart of Udaipur and is a huge significance to Hindus. Showcasing the history of the Mewar dynasty perfectly, Jagdish temple is beautifully structured with striking carved pillars, structured ceilings, and vibrant walls. Built by Maharana Jagat Singh in 1651, the temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is the largest temple built in Udaipur. It’s a three-storied temple and stone-made giant elephants attract the tourists.
- Entry Fee: Free of cost
- Timings: The morning time is from 4:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and the evening time is from 5:15 PM to 8:00 PM
9. Wildlife at Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary
If you enjoy amid nature, visit to the fascinating wildlife in Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary in Udaipur. It is a great place to witness incredible flora and fauna. The sanctuary is a home of different species of reptiles, hyenas, tigers, jackals, migratory birds, and others. Situated 64 km away from the main city of Udaipur in the district of the Rajasamand area in Rajasthan. The reserve is a great trekking point that starts from the Gorilla Point to the Jiyan Sagar and reaches the top of Aravalli Hills. The sanctuary includes many top attractions like Bari lake, Jhar Water Hole, Tiger Lake, and quite a few others.
- On Week-days – Rs 100 per head
- On weekends – Rs 75 per head.
- Extra INR 200 charges for camera and video camera.
Timings: The park is open all days of a week between 9 Am to 6 PM.
10. Step into nature at Aravalli Trekking Point
One of the oldest mountain ranges in India, Aravalli Hill is the perfect trekking point for the enthusiastic adventurers and hikers. The highest peak to reach is Guru Shikhar at the height of almost 1,722 meters.
A complete three-day trek is the most exciting thing to do when you plan to visit Udaipur. Visit Lord Shiva temple and Mewar, interact with the locals, and tour the villages located in the middle of the desert. Witness the sunset view from the top of the hill.
- Entry Fee: Free of cost.
- Timings: The best time to go on a trek at Aravali Range is either in the early morning or during the sunset.
11. Catch a bird's eye view of the city by Parasailing
For those who love to have a little adventure during their trip, Parasailing is the best thing to catch a bird’s eye view of Udaipur city. Fly over the city and watch your reflection in the placid lakes and capture the gorgeous landscapes of the city. Watch the stunning view of the sunset parallel to the horizon and relish your moments being in the air. The cool breeze and amazing weather is perfect for capturing the entire city in the camera above from the grounds.
- Cost: The minimum cost for parasailing is INR 1,500 per person.
- Timings: The best time to go for parasailing is in the morning from 6:00 – 8:00 am.
12. Take a sunset ferry ride at Fateh Sagar Lake
Located on the Northern side of Lake Pichola, Fateh Sagar Lake is an enchanting artificial lake in Udaipur. Built-in the 1680s by Maharaja Fateh Singh, it is famous among the tourists for its mesmerizing sunset views and boat rides. Taking a ferry ride with your partner during evening amid the charming view of the sunset is the most romantic thing to do with your partner. You can also enjoy thrilling speed-boating and regular boating at the lake to watch the various shades of the sun when setting over the horizon.
- Entry Fee: The entry fee varies for the tourists. For Indian, per person it will cost between INR 15-30, and for Foreigners, it costs Rs 60-125 per person only
- Timings: The timings for sunset ferry ride is from 8 in the morning till 4:30 in the evening
Places to visit in Udaipur
13. Set your eyes on the vintage cars at Palace Garage
The museum was built in 2000 setting in the Palace Udaipur and is the house for many vintage cars from the various specific era. All the cars are well-maintained and are under the constant watch of caretakers to keep them buoyant.
The cars are over 80 years old in a good working state stored in the garage are the property of Maharanas of Mewar. Add the Palace Garage in your bucket-list when planning to visit Udaipur the next time.
- Entry Fee: The entry fee for the adults is INR 250, and for the children, it’s INR 100 per person.
- Timings: The palace is open all days of a week from 9 AM till 9 PM.
14. Shop your heart out in Old Markets
You will find a variety of artefacts, textiles, handicrafts, silverware, wooden toys, folk paintings, and a lot more items in the old Bazaars of Udaipur. Wander in the streets of the colourful markets and shop for the antique and unique souvenirs.
Udaipur is famous for the carves lanterns, colourful clothed puppets, culinary crockery, bandhani sarees, jewellery, Rajasthani jootis, and many other items. Bada Bazaar, Palace Road, Chetak Circle, and Hathi Pol are a few famous places for shopping in Udaipur.
- Timings: Visit the old markets at any time of the day till 11 at night.
15. Have a taste of sweets and snacks
Udaipur is a paradise for food lovers. Grab a taste of local food at the roof-top restaurants and drink a ‘masala chai’ at the side tea-stalls. The famous point to start tasting the mouth-watering food and refreshing beverages is Ghantaghar in the Silawatwari region of the city.
16. Walking tour to Tiger Lake
Also known as Badi Lake, taking a walking tour to Tiger Lake in Udaipur is the most wonderful experience to have at the weekend. Situated about 20 km from Lal Ghat Area, the place is infamous amongst the tourists.
The tour starts from the village of Morwania will take you through the Aravalli Hills to the Tiger Lake. Capture the enticing sunset view, stop for the refreshments, connect with the locals, and bring the beautiful memories back with you when leaving the city.
Entry Fee: The minimum entry fees for 1-6 person is INR 1200.
- In winters, the park is open from 6:30 AM to 10:30 in the morning, and from 2:00 to 3:30 at noon.
- In summers, the gates are open from 6:00 to 9:00 in the morning, and from 3:00 to 5:00 in the evening.
17. Visit a three-storey Jain Temple
A three-storied Jain temple is a century old and is ornated with beautifully carved paintings on the walls and ceilings. The carvings seem the most beautiful during the night when the entire place illuminates with the lights.
Jain Temple is one of the most intriguing things to do while staying in Udaipur with your family. The amazing artwork, fascinating architectural design, and rich culture and history that it holds make this place a must-visit for the travel enthusiastic.
- Entry Fee: Free of cost
- Timings: The temple remains from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm everyday.
18. Horse riding - A must thing to do in Udaipur
Explore the rustic rural regions of Udaipur on a horseback ride. Visit small tribal villages and other lower regions of Aravalli Hills on horse. There are 3 types of horse rides offered in Udaipur- 2 hrs, half-day and full day horse ride. If you are a professional then you can even hire a horse for an overnight or longer time. You can book your horse ride safari by visiting “Princess Trails” website!
Cost: The horse riding will cost you a minimum of INR 1500 per person.
19. Romantic dinner date at Sheesh Mahal
Enjoy the authentic Indian flavoured local cuisine while overlooking the lake from the open-air dining restaurant- Sheesh Mahal. The heart-warming welcome from the staff and mouth-watering food cooked by the finest cooks surely makes the best romantic dinner date place. The perfect ambience of the open-air fine dining restaurant is the stunning place to capture the sunset view and dinner under the sky full of stars. The candle-light dinner on the roof-top adds a great flavour to a romantic dinner date with your partner.
- Entry Fee: Free of cost.
- Timings: The palace is open from 9:00 in the morning till late evening.
Popular Rajasthan Tour Packages
Some Popular Things to do in Rajasthan
Want to Book Your Package with us, fill this simple form below.
Best Time to visit Udaipur
Udaipur is beautiful city and full of tourists irrespective of seasons. However its not suitable for you to visit Udaipur during Summers from month of April to June. During these months temperature can go as high from 39° to 47°. And you can get sunburn if your stroll in the city at day-time.
So undoubtedly, the best time to visit Udaipur from September – March. As the weather is calm and pleasant in these months.
Note – All the images used in this article is the property of their respective owners and we claim no copyright unless specified. If you are the owner of the image and have issues regarding usage of your image. Kindly mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for image removal or credit mentioning.Thank you for understanding!
Frequently Asked Questions About Rajasthan
Ans. Udaipur is full of scenic magnificence. Here are a few places you can visit with your family and friends:
- Lake Pichola
- City Palace
- Saheliyo ki Bari
- Monsoon Palace
- Fateh Sagar Lake
Ans. Yes, Udaipur is entirely safe for the tourists to wander around at night. The city gets lively with many tourists coming from all around the world, during the night.
Ans. Udaipur has lots of things to do which you can enjoy at the weekend. Visit the ancient forts and palaces, go on a boat ride at the artificial lakes with the amazing landscape view of the entire city, spend the time with the locals, shopping in the old Bazaars, and many other things you can enjoy in a two-day trip in Udaipur.
Ans. Udaipur is famous for unique artefacts, silk and cotton embroidered clothes, toys, puppets, pottery, and many other Rajasthani things. You can shop at famous places at a reasonable price.
- Bada Bazaar
- Chetak Circle
- Hathi Pol
- Palace Road
Ans. Given the scorching heat during the summers, you are advised to wear comfortable cotton clothes of your choice that can absorb sweat and dried up easily. If you are coming in the winters then light woolen clothes will do good with the weather of Udaipur.
No, May is not a good month for visiting udaipur as temperature is high in this month. However, The best time to visit Udaipur is from September to late March.