At a distance of 50 km from Jaisalmer, Khuri Sand dunes are located. Khuri is a small village in the south-west of the Indian state Jaisalmer. The spot is a famous yet less explored tourist destination. It is an ideal place for a serene desert camping experience on the outskirts of the Thar desert. Popular for its tall sand dunes, Khuri offers a pleasant desert safari experience. Along with the desert safari, the golden sands of Khuri provide a picture-perfect backdrop for clicking some great photos. At Khuri sand dunes, one can also indulge in activities such as camel rides and watching the sunset over the dunes.
1. Mama’s Resort & Camp – Situated at a distance of 42 km from Jaisalmer center, Mama’s Resort, and Camp is the pride of Khuri. If you’re looking for a calm yet luxurious stay in the desert, it is the place you should host your stay. Equipped with all the modern comforts, this desert camp will make you feel at home. For accommodation, you will get to choose from deluxe tents, swiss luxury tents, and super deluxe tents.
2. Daulatgarh Camps – One of the best-rated and visited by many youtube influencers, Daulatgarh camps, and resort is the perfect campsite to host your luxury stay amidst the Thar Desert. The campsite has 10 luxury swiss tents with all modern amenities. Each tent’s interior is well-designed to suit guests’ comfort for the best Rajasthani experience.
3. Sunny Desert Camp – Falls in the territory of beautiful Thar Desert National Park, Sunny desert camp is 38 km from Jaisalmer. Surrounded by the two beautiful villages Khuri and Baran, it is a quiet campsite with majestic views of the wide Thar desert. The campsite is designed to showcase the desert lifestyle to its guests while keeping all modern amenities for a comfortable stay.
4. Pal Rajah Desert Camp – Accessible just 1 hour from Jaisalmer center, Pal Rajah desert camp is one of the oldest desert camps in Barna village in Khuri. The campsite has 20 swiss tents with comfortable beds, either one king-size or two twin-size beds. Guests can also attend the evening Rajasthani folk dance that depicts the culture of Rajasthan. Apart from folk dance, the campsite also organizes jeep safari and camel rides on request.
5. Khuri Sand Dunes Resort – Experience desert camping like never before with the best-in-class stay option at Khuri Sand Dunes Resort. The campsite is quite big and has tents & mud cottages as accommodation options. One can also experience desert jeep safari, camel ride, and bonfire as a part of in-house activities organized by the campsite.
October to March is best for visiting Khuri, as the temperature is ideal in Jaisalmer for desert camping and sightseeing. Also, visiting Khuri during the summer is not recommended as the weather is quite hot and not bearable. Sometimes, the temperature goes as high as 55° celsius.
Khuri is an unexplored desert nearby to Jaisalmer. The desert is quite popular for its long dunes and attracts large crowds for its camping, desert safari, camel safari, and stargazing experiences.
Khuri is located an hour’s drive from Jaisalmer. One has to travel about 50 km south-west of Jaisalmer to reach the Khuri desert.
Renowned for its long and unexplored sand dunes, which can be as high as 50-60 feet, Khuri is a beautiful desert that offers tourists a great camping and desert safari experience.
Serai, Camp e khas, Daulatgarh Resort, Rawla desert camp, Damodra, and Winds desert camp are some of the best camps to plan a stay in Khuri sand dunes.