Corbett National Park – The Home of Bengal Tigers
Named after Naturalist “Edward James Corbett,” Jim Corbett is the most renowned national park located in the Uttarakhand state of India. The magical flora and fauna of Jim Corbett attract a large number of tourists all around the year. Apart from flora and Fauna, Jeep and Canter Safari are significant attractions in the Jim Corbett National park. It is divided into five major zones, namely, Dhikala, Bijrani, Jhirna, Durga Devi, and Dhela.
1. Dhikala Zone – The Dhikala Zone is the best zone for enjoying a safari in the entire Corbett National Park. But you can only enjoy a safari in this zone if you opt for Canter Safari. It is the largest zone of the park and home to a large variety of flora and fauna. You can also enjoy a night’s stay in the Dhikala Forest Rest House.
2. Wildlife Art Gallery: The Wildlife art gallery is beautiful and one of the best places to visit in Corbett National Park. You can educate yourself about the biodiversity of Jim Corbett and its surrounding areas here. You will be impressed by the beautiful pictures taken by the wildlife photographer Deep Rajwar.
3. Sunrise Point: Sunrise Point is a must-visit place in Corbett National Park. It’s the highest point in the entire area, famous for viewing mesmerizing sunrises and sunsets. You can also look at the Kosi and Ramganga rivers from the peak. One should not miss exploring this place on their Corbett trip.
4. Corbett Waterfalls: Corbett Waterfalls is one of the most popular and best places to visit in Corbett. You must hike a bit to reach this 66 ft high Corbett Falls. Located in the Nainital, this is a favourite spot for tourists to enjoy a nice and peaceful picnic. To get mesmerized by the stunning views of these falls, you should visit on full-moon nights.
5. Kosi River: Kosi River in Corbett Park is a beautiful and serene location with pristine water. You can enjoy a thrilling experience of rafting here too, after getting permission from the authorities. Kosi River originates from Dharapani Dhar, flows through Dhikuli, and finally leads up to Ramnagar.
6. Sitabani Temple: Located in the Mailani Range, Sitabani Temple is a beautiful religious spot dedicated to Devi Sita. This place holds great significance in the Hindu Epic Ramayana. The beautiful and serene river flowing by makes it a peaceful spot for the tourists to relax and rejuvenate.
1. Jeep Safari: Jeep safari is the best activity to do in Jim Corbett Park. This is the best activity to explore this surreal Corbett National park. Enjoy a thrilling and amazing Jeep safari in the dense forest and grasslands of Corbett. Get close to nature and experience a great time among the flora and fauna of Corbett. (Read more)
2. Canter Safari: Another great thing to do in Jim Corbett, Canter Safari, is a types safari in which a bus-sized vehicle is used called Canter. This safari is perfect for large family groups. Upto 16 people can enjoy a Safari together in Canter Safari. This safari is only available in the Dhikala Zone of the Corbett National Park. (Read more)
3. River Rafting: River Rafting is undoubtedly the most exciting and adventurous thing you can do in Jim Corbett. Enjoy Rafting on the beautiful Kosi River with your family, friends, or even alone. The adventurer within you will be satisfied after this thrilling experience. July & August months are considered best time for rafting.
4. Trekking: If you are an adventurer and thinking about what to do in Jim Corbett, go trekking. Trekking is one of the most popular activities to enjoy in Jim Corbett. You can trek in the reserve forest area of the Park, around the tiger reserve.
5. Mountain Biking: Mountain Biking is another adventurous activity you can go for while exploring Jim Corbett. Go cycling on the beautiful and clean trails through the forests and rivers. Only people above 18 and who are physically fit can go for this thrilling activity.
6. Camping: If you love to spend time in the lap of nature, do try the camping activity in Jim Corbett. Get close to nature, admire the mesmerizing sky, and enjoy a camping night among the beautiful mountains. This would be one of the best things you can do near Corbett Park.
November to February is the best time to visit and explore Jim Corbett National Park. These months fall in the winter season. The weather is quite pleasant for you to explore this beautiful wildlife space. All the zones are open around this season for tourists, so this is considered the best time to visit Jim Corbett.
By Bus: The nearest Bus Stand to Jim Corbett National Park is in Ramnagar. Jim Corbett is very well connected to this place through buses. Delhi, Haridwar, and Nainital have daily buses on this route. You can choose any bus service and enjoy a comfortable ride to Corbett. Travelling by bus is the most convenient and cheaper option available. Delhi to Ramnagar by bus: 245 km (6-7 hrs approx).
By air: Although by air is not considered an ideal option to reach Jim Corbett, you can try this if you wish to. Pantnagar Airport is the nearest domestic airport to Jim Corbett at a distance of 50km from the town. You can easily get to Jim Corbett park by hiring a taxi from here.
Distance: 80.8 km (2hrs approx)
By Train: The nearest Railway station to Jim Corbett National Park is in Ramnagar. This railway station’s connectivity is well maintained, with central locations across the country. This is a very convenient and comfortable option to travel by. Most people choose this as it is also not much heavy on the pocket.
For Indians, Jeep Safari would cost INR 5500, with which a max of 6 persons and two children are allowed in one Jeep. For foreigners, the same would cost INR 12000. Canter Safari would cost INR 1600/person for Indians and INR 3500/person for Foreigners.
There are many luxurious and affordable resorts in the national park where you can plan your stay. Taj Corbett Resort & Spa, The Riverview Treat, Corbett the Baagh Spa & Resort, Tarangi Resort & Spa, and Club Mahindra Corbett are some of the top resorts to stay in in Jim Corbett. For more details check our detailed page on best resort in Jim Corbett National Park.
The Jim Corbett National Park is so famous as it is home to the highest number of tigers among any national park in the country. The sight of the Royal Bengal Tigers attracts tourists the most.
The Dhikala Zone, the largest zone of the park and home to a large variety of flora and fauna, is considered the best zone For Safari in Jim Corbett Park. You can enjoy a day safari here and a night stay in the Dhikala Forest Rest House built here.
You can enjoy and explore the Jim Corbett National Park through various activities. Jeep Safari, Canter Safari, Camping, Trekking, and Rafting, are some of the most favorite and famous activities among the tourists here.
Jim Corbett Tour Package | 2N-3D (Included Safari, Meals, Stay & Transfer) is the top-selling Tour Package of Jim Corbett National Park. This package has a rating of 4.7 which is higher than other Jim Corbett-related tour packages, this package has been sold around 647 times in our website.