Sikkim is a hidden gem in the North-Eastern part of India that attracts nature and adventure lovers from the country. It offers you a list of exciting adventures to do. Among all adventures, paragliding is the most popular adventure sport in Gangtok city. The beautiful snowy peaked mountains and the open blue sky provides you most engaging Paragliding experiences in Sikkim. Gangtok city has three famous paragliding sites namely Ani Gompa for short paragliding fly, Baliman Dara for Medium fly and Bulbuley Dara for High fly.
- Location: Reshithang Sports Complex at Ranka road
- Timings: 10 AM – 4 PM
- Age: 14 Years or above
- Weight: 30 kg – 80 kg
Paragliding in Gangtok, Sikkim: Price
The minimum price for paragliding in Gangtok, Sikkim is Rs 3450 rupees. The cost of paragliding depends on the duration of the fly. Take a look at the below price table:
|Short Fly||5-10 min||
|Medium Fly||15-20 min||₹ 5450|
|Long Fly||20-30 min||₹ 6450|
About the activity:
One has to reach our office in Reshithang Sports Complex at Ranka rd, from there you will travel to the take-off point with us. As you fly, you’ll witness magnificent landscapes of Gangtok, Bojoghari village and Tashi viewpoint surrounded by stunning mountain peaks. No prior training or knowledge is needed to enjoy paragliding in Gangtok. The fly is safe and conducted under the supervision of experienced professionals, ensuring you a smooth and safe experience.
- Flying as per the package selected
- Safety Gears’
- Licensed Pilots
- Certified Instructors
- Anything not mentioned in "Inclusions"
Safety Guidelines for paragliding in Gangtok, Sikkim:
- To provide the tourists with a hassle-free ride and to ensure their safety, the parachutes are changed every year.
- You are provided with adequate safety gear and there are certified instructors to instruct you throughout the whole paragliding process.
- The pilots are professional and licensed who have experience of flying in many places, and are associated with the Paragliding Association of India.
- Experienced pilots never compromise on the safety of tourists and they have proper knowledge of wind pressures and conditions and various mock drills take place time to time to ensure full safety.
For paragliding, you need to reach Ranka, Gangtok as it is the most popular Paragliding destination in sikkim.
- By Air: The nearest airport is in Bagdogra, West Bengal. You can hire a private vehicle or shared taxi and cover the distance of 124 km in around 2 hours for reaching Gangtok or directly Ranka. You can also opt for helicopter services provided by Sikkim Tourism Development Corporation which will just take 20 minutes to reach.
- By Train: The closest railways are located in New Jalpaiguri, Siliguri which is 148 km from Gangtok. This railway station is well-linked with all the major and minor parts of the country. You can hire a shared taxi, private vehicle, or a bus to reach Gangtok or directly to paragliding site Ranka.
- By Bus: To reach Gangtok by bus, the nearest bus station is in Siliguri. You can hire a taxi or travel by state-run buses to reach Gangtok, which will take around 5 to 6 hours. After reaching Gangtok it’ll just take you around 20 minutes to reach Ranka by car.
- If cancellations are made within 30 days or prior, no cancellation charges will be deducted from the booking amount.
- If cancellations are made between 30-15 days, 50% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If cancellations are made in less than 7 days, 100% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- In the event of ‘No show’, No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
Once cancelled, any refunds would be processed in original payment method in 10 working day.
FAQs about Paragliding in Sikkim, Gangtok
Yes, paragliding in Gangtok is safe as we follow all the safety measures Strictly for a safe paragliding experience. Also we use top notch safety gears and equipment for comfortable fly.
March to June and September to November is the best time to enjoy paragliding in Gangtok, as the weather during this time is quite pleasant and the sky stays clear most of the time. Most of the tourists prefer this time as they can have a clear view of Sikkim.
The paragliding charges in Gangtok depend on the duration of the fly. A short fly of 5-10 minutes attracts a charge of Rs 3450 per person, if you’re interested in a high fly of 15 minutes, the charge is Rs 5450 per person and the long fly of 25-30 minutes will cost you Rs 6450 per person.
Below are the age and weight requirements:
Age: Anyone above 14 years or above can enjoy this thrilling activity.
Weight: To enjoy paragliding in Gangtok, the minimum weight required is 45kg, and maximum a person up to 90kg can fly.
No, videography and photography is not included in the package. To get videos of your flying experience, you’ve to pay an additional charge of Rs 500 per person. You should definitely get the videos and photos of your flight as this is a lifetime experience.
Always wear a pair of comfortable shoes and tight-fitting clothes like trousers, jeans, etc. as you have to run for about a km for taking part in take-off and landing along with the pilot.