Let’s embark on a journey to one of the most popular and adventurous trails of Himachal Pradesh. Triund trek is considered as one of the easiest treks in entire Himachal Pradesh. Perched at an elevation of 2828 m above sea level is worth trekking when you will feel the world under your feet from the top. Walking through the mystical dense pine forest and reaching the end of the ridge will soak you out to a broader magical world. You will feel like the magical wardrobe of the Chronicles of Narnia, which landed up in a completely different world where you will see Moon peak, Rifle Horn, Arthur’s Seat, and the mighty Dhauladhar range. The sunset from the top of the Triund Hills is the main attraction of the trek. The changing colours of the sky from orange to pink are something you would not want to end the show.
Triund Trek is easily accessible from McLeodganj and Dharamshala. For this trek, McLeodganj is the base to start the trek of Triund. Also, two villages Bhagsu and Gallu, are nearby McLeodganj to start the trek. In addition, there is another trail to the Triund trek from Dharamkot. The trail has beautiful magnificent views throughout the journey.
The total distance of the Triund trek is 5.45 km and is perfect for beginners. At Triund trek near Bhagsu waterfall, the path is steep and slippery, so better be careful and not get injured. However, most of the route is quite easy to cover.
Triund Trek: Highlights
- Give your mind and soul a chill pill with a trek to Triund.
- Experience the flawless beauty of Kangra Valley from a height of 2828 m above sea level with an extra tempering view of Dhauladhar ranges.
- Watch the beautiful sunrise and sunset from the top of the campsite.
- Spend a night under the stars with the best people around.
- Starting Point – Bhagsu Nag Taxi point, Dharamshala
- Ending Point – Bhagsu Nag Taxi point, Dharamshala
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate
- Altitude: 2828 m
- Temperature: In summers: In Day 15℃ to 26℃, in Night 6℃ to 11℃
- In winters: In Day 13℃ to 17℃, in Night 1℃ to 5℃
- Last ATM: Mcleodganj
- Mobile Network: BSNL network works best.
Best Time to Visit: Triund Trek
March to June is the best time to visit for Triund Trek as the weather remains pleasant during this time. Although, you can visit throughout the year, apart from the monsoon season of months July and August and the peak of winter months January and February. To beat the scorching sun in the plains, tourists often visit from March to June. This also cuts down the carrying of extra luggage full of warm clothes. During summer, you can begin the trek with a light T-shirt only, but carry a light jacket as the temperature goes down during night time.
Triund Trek: Itinerary
Day1: Trek to Triund from McLeodganj
- The meeting point of the trek will be at Bhagsu Taxi Point. As we start our trek from this point, embrace yourself for the breathtaking vistas.
- The trek will start at a steady pace, where you will experience enchanting woods with brilliant landscapes. To reach the site, it will take around 4-5 hours.
- Stop by the Bhagsu waterfalls to relax for a bit. Meanwhile, you can refill your water bottles from the fresh and pure waterfall.
- If you start early, you will reach the campsite Lena/Mana village before the sun sets down.
- After you reach the campsite, relax down for some time and refresh yourself.
- While you climb a little bit up, you will get to see the amazing sunset near the campsite, which is the most special moment of this trek.
- By the evening, sit around the bonfire in the campsite with your fellow trekkers and enjoy a delightful time with the company of music and delicious food offered by the camps.
- Spend your night under the blanket of sparkling stars and experience one of the best moments of your life.
Day 2: Back to Dharamkot from Triund
- Get up early to outlive the most serene rabbit-eye sunrise popping out from the folds of snow-capped Himalayas with a pinch of the cool breeze blowing around your ears.
- Have your sizzling hot breakfast at the campsite and get ready for the following day's trek.
- Follow the same trail to reach McLeodganj. It will be easy for first-timers and beginners. You will reach sooner or faster as you’ve been acquainted with this path the previous day.
- Enjoy the breathtaking morning views of the miraculous nature surrounded by dense pine forests. Stop at certain viewpoints with a cup of tea and capture the scenes through your lenses to reminisce forever.
- And finally, the trek has come to an end. You will reach Dharamshala by the time you can head off to your next destination from there.
- Triund Camping, stay type - Sharing basis
- 2 Meals - Dinner on day 1, Breakfast on day 2
- Trek Permits
- Experienced guide during the trek
- Anything not mentioned in "Inclusions"
Points to know before you head out on Triund Trek:
- All the activities completely depend upon the weather conditions.
- We reserve all the right to modify the trek in case of any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Extreme weather may cause delays on some days.
- Carry less baggage to make your trekking experience light and hassle-free.
- Do not litter here and there during the trek, as authorities may impose a fine on you.
- Remember to keep adequate water with you and not empty it before reaching Triund top.
- Carry snacks or home food with you. You might not get proper restaurants to eat in between.
- Carry a water bottle to refill it, as buying disposable water bottles will harm nature.
- One must not expect luxurious facilities. As it is a mountain area, all facilities may not be available.
- Accommodation in Triund trek is on a sharing basis.
- Electricity is available in some counted places only.
- There are no mobile and laptop common charge points. So bring your power banks.
- One can enjoy a bonfire if the weather conditions are good.
- In case of bad weather, the location of the camp might change to Dharamkot.
- This trek is not recommended for children under 7 years old.
- Mobile connectivity is not good at higher altitudes. It is better to inform your close ones before trekking.
- If you have serious health issues or breathing problems like Asthma, this is advised not to undertake this trek.
- Strictly follow the rules of the state government regarding Covid 19 protocols. Always maintain social distancing and sanitize your hands regularly.
Things to Carry:
- Valid ID proof.
- Enough warm clothes, as the weather is really cold during nighttime.
- Water bottles.
- Candies, energy bars, and snacks provide energy during the trek.
- Medicines/ first aid
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito repellent
- Necessary toiletries
- If cancellations are made within 30 days or prior, no cancellation charges will be deducted from the booking amount.
- If cancellations are made between 30-15 days, 50% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If cancellations are made in less than 7 days, 100% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- In the event of ‘No show’, No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
Once cancelled, any refunds would be processed in original payment method in 10 working day.