The Limra Desert base Camp is situated 40 km away from the city center in the village named Sam in Jaisalmer. The camp is equipped with every facility, both basic and luxurious, which provides you with a fascinating ambience of Rajasthan culture and tradition. the rooms are quite spacious to accommodate 3 people at once, private bathrooms attached to the tents with shower and delicious food is all you need to give your tiring days a rest. Be a part of the cultural activities and fests arranged at the camp.
The campsite is away from the clamour of the city and makes you at peace and calm your mind. Enjoy the desert safari via Jeep and explore the dunes of the Thar Desert. Gazing at the million stars by the bonfire is to die for. Famous for its safaris and stargazing, the campsite midst of the desert promises the thriving village life of Rajasthan.
Limra Desert Camp in Jaisalmer: Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Sam Sand Dunes
- Reach Jaisalmer before the sunset. A tour guide or a driver will pick you up to Sam Sand Dunes, where you will find the clean camps waiting to welcome you traditionally.
- Have welcome drinks and let yourself groove with the rhythm of folk music and dance.
- Go for the exciting desert safari and cherish the view of a sunset.
- Serve yourself with the buffet dinner at the camp by the bonfire and enjoy the classical dance and music performances.
- Stargazing is the best way to sleep in the middle of the desert.
Day 2: Return Day
- Wake up to the cool breeze in the morning. Have a delicious breakfast at the campsite.
- Stroll in the desert before leaving.
- Check out and drive back to Jaisalmer.
Frequently Asked Questions about Limra Desert Camp Jaisalmer
1. How to reach Sam Sand Dunes desert campsite from Delhi?
Ans. You can either reach Sam Sand Dunes by the road that connects Delhi with Jaisalmer or you can take a direct flight to the nearest airport, Jodhpur Airport, and then drive to Sam Sand Dunes. There are direct local and luxury trains from Delhi to Jaisalmer.
2. How far is Jaisalmer from Delhi by flight?
Ans. The driving distance is 765 km from Delhi to Jaisalmer. There are 10 direct flights that operate daily from Delhi to Jaisalmer covering an aerial distance of 649 km. You can hire a metered taxi, cab, or local autos to reach Sam Sand Dunes from Jaisalmer.
3. What is the check-in and check-out time of the Desert Camp in Jaisalmer?
Ans. Although the check-in time to the camp is 10 a.m. you can check into the tents whenever you reach the desired destination. After having a soul-satisfying breakfast in the morning, you can check-out from your tents at 10 a.m.
4. Is desert camping a good idea in Sam Sand Dunes?
Jaisalmer, the golden city, is famous for the ancient forts, prehistoric palaces, man-made lakes and gardens, rich heritage, and lots of adventurous activities. Among all these, desert camping is one of the greatest joys for tourists when thinking about a trip to Rajasthan.