Ever dreamt of flying in the Himalayan mountains? If yes, then paragliding in Manali is definitely for you. Perched at an elevation of 2050 m above sea level, Manali is one of the best paragliding destinations in India. While Paragliding in Manali, you get to see stunning vistas of snow-capped mountain ranges and lush green valleys. You’ll be flying under the supervision of trained pilots and instructors. So keep your worries at bay and indulge in this breathtaking Paragliding session in Kullu-Manali.
Paragliding in Manali: Cost
|Short Paragliding Fly||10-15 min||Rs. 2000/ Person|
|Short Paragliding Fly with video||20-25 min||Rs. 2400/ Person|
- Location- Near HP petrol pump, Katrain, Himachal Pradesh 175129
- Weight – Min – 35kg, Max – 85 kg
- Age – 14 yr (minimum)
- Timings – 8:00 am – 4:30 Pm
- Flying Height – 8000 feet
- Know more about – Manali Tourism
- Transfers from office to take-off site and back
- Videography (if included)
- Licensed Pilots & Instructors certified by Himachal Pradesh Tourism
- Safety gears with Helmet, The Lines, Risers, and the Canopy.
- Any cost not mentioned in the “inclusions.”
- Any personal expenses
Safety Guidelines for paragliding in Manali:
- We provide you with experienced pilots, certified trainers, and quality safety gear which ensures you a hassle-free and safe flight.
- To ensure the safety of the tourists we change our parachutes every year so that you can enjoy this adventure fearlessly.
- The tandem pilots and instructors have the appropriate licenses and are certified to fly.
- All the adventure equipment provided during the flight are certified, in good condition, and properly maintained.
- We have valid documents and valid paragliding permits, after taking clearances from the forests and aero sports departments.
- Our pilots are educated about the wind pressure and weather conditions, which they take care of accurately before starting off with the flight procedure.
Things to Know before you go paragliding in Manali:
- Weather plays a very important role in paragliding, you should only do paragliding in good weather.
- Don't wear loose clothes as they can become a problem for you, please wear tight-fitted clothes only.
- Do a complete checkup of the paraglider and inquire with the paragliding guide/pilot. Also follow all the instructions of your pilot while paragliding.
- Flying high can be a new experience for you, give yourself physical and mental rest before paragliding.
- Before doing videography, choose the right camera, which is suitable for videography.
- Wear all safety equipment, helmet, glider, and harness properly.
- During landing, pull and follow the rope as instructed by the pilot. Don't panic.
- If cancellations are made within 30 days or prior, no cancellation charges will be deducted from the booking amount.
- If cancellations are made between 30-15 days, 50% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If cancellations are made in less than 7 days, 100% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- In the event of ‘No show’, No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
Once cancelled, any refunds would be processed in original payment method in 10 working day.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, Manali is very safe for paragliding. Paragliding here is done in a safe environment, under the supervision of trained instructors with a proper medical check-up, and at rescue facilities.
On average, paragliding in Manali costs Rs 2300 for a short paragliding fly of 10-15 minutes. If you want videography, you’ve to pay Rs 2700 for a short fly with video.
Mid-January to May is considered the best time for paragliding in Manali. During these months, the weather is suitable for paragliding, and having clear skies and visibility is essential for flying.
You’ll be flying at an approximate height of 8000 feet. Manali offers the best paragliding in Himachal pradesh.
The minimum age required for paragliding is 14 years. The maximum weight limit is 80 kg for adults.
No, you cannot paraglide in January at Manali, as there is heavy snowfall in January and February. Also, the weather is freezing, and the temperature drops to a minimum, making it unsuitable for paragliding.
You can get more information about paragliding in Manali by contacting (+91) 8077146567
Yes, paragliding is operational from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
No, videography is not included with paragliding charges. If you want videography, you’ve to pay a fee of Rs 500 extra.
One has to reach Dhobi, located just 30-40 minutes drive from Manali towards Kullu. Local transport and cabs are easily available to reach the paragliding site.