Nestled in the Himachal Pradesh, Kullu is one of the most iconic hill stations in India. The place is home to mountains, waterfalls and many adventure sports. Paragliding and river rafting are two major attractions of Kullu valley in Himachal Pradesh. Thus combo of paragliding with river rafting provides you with greater flexibility to enjoy adventure sports in Kullu. Anyone planning a trip to Kullu or Manali can avail this combo.
About the paragliding with rafting in Kullu:
The paragliding site is in Dhobi village at 8000 feet high altitude makes it the best spot for paragliding near Kullu. It is just an hour’s drive from Kullu. The whole activity takes 1:30 hr to complete, in which flying time is about 15-20 minutes. In one batch, 6-7 people will go. After your thrilling paragliding, Kullu rafting is nearby. Just a few minutes drive. Rafting in Kullu is done on river beas. Although the rafting experience is pretty safe in Kullu, you are requested to strictly follow your guide’s instructions. There are two rafting stretches you can opt from, i.e., 7 km or 10 km.
- Location - Dhobi, H.P
- Duration - 6 hr
- Difficulty - Easy
- Age - 14 - 60 yr
- Weight - 35 - 85kg
Two variants are avialable for this trip:
|Paragliding with 7 km rafting||Rs 2990|
|Paragliding with 10 km rafting||Rs 3390|
- Paragliding (10-15 min)
- 7km or 10 km Rafting Session
- Safety gears
- Licensed Instructors & guide
- Transfers from our office to Paragliding Point
- Anything not mentioned in "Inclusions"
Important Points to Remember:
- Reach atleast 10:30-11:00 am to complete both activities in a single day.
- Wear comfortable clothing, preferably trousers and a T-shirt. Also, carry an extra pair of clothing as you’ll get wet during river rafting.
- There are extra charges for video recording.
- Don’t take part in activities if you’ve consumed alcohol.
- These activities are not suitable for pregnant women, a person has undergone a crucial surgery in the leg, arm or hand and has chronic back/neck pain.
- If you’ve any doubts, always clear them with on-ground team.
- Paragliding is a weather-dependent activity, so sometimes delays are there, or activity gets cancelled due to harsh weather.
- Always carry one ID proof, i.e., Adhaar, Driving license or Voter Id.
- If cancellations are made within 30 days or prior, no cancellation charges will be deducted from the booking amount.
- If cancellations are made between 30-15 days, 50% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If cancellations are made in less than 7 days, 100% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- In the event of ‘No show’, No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
Once cancelled, any refunds would be processed in original payment method in 10 working day.
FAQs about Paragliding and rafting in Kullu:
Yes, if planned well, one can do both the paragliding and rafting in a single day. Paragliding takes about 2 hr to complete, and river rafting also takes 1:30 hr. So if you start your activity before 11:00 am in the morning, you’ll be free by 4:00 pm.
Yes, both paragliding & river rafting is completely safe as all our operators are certified, and their staff has undergone rigorous training also have years of experience performing these sports. Therefore if you book with India Thrills, you’re in safe hands.
A person should be at least 15 years old to experience a combo of rafting and paragliding in Kullu.
Manali is situated about an hour drive(approx 21 km) from the paragliding spot. And the rafting spot is about 3 km from paragliding counter. To reach here, one can hire a shared taxi from Manali or catch a local bus going towards Kullu.
Himachal Pradesh is a beautiful destination and holds a lot to explore. One can go trekking in many beautiful places, starting from trek to kheerganga, triund, hampta pass, Bhirgu lake, Beas kund, Tosh valley, Tirthan Valley, etc.