Packed with no less than 30 tents, Prince Desert Camp is one of the luxurious camps near Sam Sand Dunes in Jaisalmer. The interior is adorned with folk paintings and handmade drawings on the walls, giving a great village-like ambience in the Thar Desert. The bathrooms are attached in the tents and are a step up ahead from the other tents. The campsite is set up at a decent distance from the main road and the other camping sites, which makes it more peaceful away from all the noise coming from the directions. Wake up to an awe-inspiring view of sunrise and walk down to the sand dunes to witness a serene sunset.
Itinerary For Prince Desert Camp Jaisalmer:
Day 1: Jaisalmer| Camp| Safari
- Arrive at Prince Camp via Jaisalmer before the time hits the dusk.
- Get a warm welcome from locals in the Rajasthani tradition called Tikka Dastori with a beverage.
- Explore the dunes of the desert on Camel Safari or Jeep Safari and enjoy the view sunrise/sunset.
- Give you’re a relax and relish the refreshments. Enjoy folk dances with the cultural music of Rajasthan. Just not an option, but stargazing is the soul-satisfying view amid the desert under a night sky.
Day 2: Back to Jaisalmer
- Start your morning by walking down at the Sand Dunes and watch the sun rising from its prime.
- Have a delicious buffet breakfast at the camp.
- Check out from your tents and return to Jaisalmer.
Frequently Asked Questions about Prince Desert Camp Jaisalmer:
1. What are Sam Sand Dunes and how far is it from Jaisalmer?
Located at the 40 km distance from a village named ‘Sam’ in Jaisalmer, Sam Sand Dunes are tall sand dunes with height ranges from 30 meters to 60 meters. The place is famous among tourists because of its infamous Jeep Safari, Camel Desert Safari, stargazing, bonfire, and traditional Rajasthani cultural fests.
2. Is there a transport facility provided by the Prince Desert Camp?
Indeed, if you make a booking with the tour operators to stay at a desert camp, every facility is given to the tourists. Reach Jaisalmer on your own, and you will be received by one of the tour guides from your arrival destination to the campsite.
3. Is desert safari safe at Sam Sand Dunes?
You will be provided with expert guides and drivers who know all the high and low of the desert and the city. The Desert Safari is completely safe for adults and children as well. However, it won’t hurt a bit to follow guidelines as instructed by the tour operators.
4. What is the best time to go for desert camping in Rajasthan?
Situated in the heart of the Thar Desert, Rajasthan is pretty hot in summers and humid in monsoon. Winters are the best time to approach for undoubtedly wicked desert camping in the middle of nowhere but dunes of the desert and ancient ruins of the city.