One of the most sought-after place for Scuba diving in Andaman is Neil Island, located just 2 hr from capital city, Port Blair. On your scuba diving, if you’re lucky will witness Dugong (National Animal of the Island) and Sea turtle. You can scuba dive up to 12 meters deep into the sea that would last around 40 minutes.
About Scuba diving in Neil Island:
The trip starts once you reach at Neil Island. We provide you essential basic training for comfortable scuba diving experience. Post training session, we will ride a boat till the diving site. Onwards, your actual diving starts along with a experienced PADI-certified divers.
- Cost – Rs 5000 person
- Location: Laxmanpur Beach, Neil Island
- Activity Duration – 2 hour
- Best Season – December to May
Also check – Scuba diving in Havelock Island
- Minimum Age: 10 Years or Above.
- Price: Rs 4,999/-
- Location: Neil Island
- Best time: December to May
- Dive Duration: 30 minutes
Scuba Diving in Neil Island: Cost
The cost of scuba diving in Neil Island on the depth and duration of the dive. Below are the charges:
|Scuba diving Packages
|Cost per person
|Lite Scuba dive
|Short Scuba dive
- Scuba dive as per the package
- PADI certified Instructor
- Shared Transfers
- Scuba diving equipments - diving fins, breathing regulators, diving mask and gauges.
- Anything not mentioned in "Inclusions"
Things to know before you indulge in Neil Island Scuba diving:
- Person with Asthama, back injury and heart disease are not allowed to participate in the adventure.
- It is recommended to carry sunscreen, sunglasses, towel and basic first-aid kit
- Non- Swimmer are allowed to participate in this trip.
- You are advised to have light meals before participating in scuba diving.
- Additional charges will be there for any videography and photography.
- The activity can get postponed due to bad weather conditions. An alternate schedule will be provided for the same as per your discretion.
- All scuba equipment including breathing regulators, diving mask, wet suits and gauges are of certified standards for a comfortable Scuba diving experience.
- Clear all your doubts with the on-ground team before starting the activity.
- Follow all the guidelines advised by our certified instructors.
- Do not consume any kind of alcoholic beverages before the activity.
- Any person above 14 years can enjoy scuba diving in Grand Island.
- Medically unfit and pregnant ladies are advised to not participate in Scuba diving.
- If cancellations are made within 30 days or prior, no cancellation charges will be deducted from the booking amount.
- If cancellations are made between 30-15 days, 50% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If cancellations are made in less than 7 days, 100% of the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
- In the event of ‘No show’, No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
Once cancelled, any refunds would be processed in original payment method in 10 working day.
FAQs about Scuba diving in Neil Island
Yes, Scuba Diving is absolutely safe in Neil Island. As experienced PADI Certified divers will accompany you in your dive. You will be educated about all the do and don’ts before the actual dive in a brief session. We follow all the guidelines and standards mentioned by the PADI and provide you with all the adequate safety equipment.
Book your Scuba Diving in Neil Island at an attractive price of just Rs. 5000/-. This cost includes all the pre-training and safety equipment. You will get a trained and professional instructor who will accompany you underwater.
December to May is considered the best time to go for Scuba Diving in Neil Island as the sea is calm and visibility is better. June to August does not offer a nice diving time as it is the rainy season, and chances of your dive getting cancelled due to rain are very high.
The activity take around 1 hour to complete. This include time involves in pre training, scuba diving and short boat ride.
No, videography and photography are not included in the package. If you want to capture your experience and want to cherish it for life then you have to pay an additional amount of around Rs 500. These services are not provided complimentary.