Take the opportunity to witness the barren land with a Camelback Safari in Rajasthan. Famous for its colourful streets and folk art on the walls, rich culture, and heritage, Rajasthan tour is not complete without witnessing sand turning golden with sunlight and filled with silver in the moonlight on camelback.
Camel Safari is an enthralling ride to explore the beautiful cities and villages of Rajasthan. The activity involves sitting on a camel back and riding through the desert and cities. What good than exploring the desert on the ship of desert, camel. Camel Safari in Rajasthan is the best way to explore the Thar Desert. Witness the beautiful sunrise and sunset on camelback.
Where to do Camel Safari in Rajasthan?
The Best places for Camel Safari in Rajasthan are Jaisalmer, Jaipur, and Bikaner. Every place has their own speciality when it comes to camel Safari. People finds every place equally intriguing. So it is upto you which place suits you best for camel Safari. Below info will help you to clear your mind and choose the best camel safari destination.
1. Camel Safari In Jaisalmer
Take a tour around the Thar Desert on the soft sand and enjoy a film-like camel back safari in Jaisalmer. The safari includes visiting the village Sam or Khuri on Camel. Jaisalmer Camel Safari is one of the best experiences you can have here amid The Great Desert of India!
Camel Safari In Jaisalmer: Cost
The cost of camel safari in Jaisalmer ranges from Rs 1000-3000 per person. It depends upon route, food provided and comfort.
Duration: The camel Safari ride takes around 60-90 minutes.
Note: Evening camel safari tour is considered the best in Jaisalmer as one can catch the beautiful sun setting behind the dunes.
Things to do:
- Visit the Jain Temple.
- Explore the old Bazaars and city-view restaurants.
- The ancient forts and majestic museums displaying prehistoric battle weapons.
- Ride around the desert to nearby places like Khuri and Sam.
Itinerary: Jaisalmer Camel Safari
Day 1: Drive to Jaisalmer. Upon arrival, check-in to the hotel. explore the city in the evening and enjoy folk music alongside traditional food.
Day 2: Wake up early in the morning and step out to enjoy the indescribable experience of desert camel safari over the golden sand dunes under the starry night. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Explore the different places in the city and take your leave to your home destination.
2. Camel Safari In Bikaner
People call it Camel Country, Bikaner is another popular destination for the enthralling camel Safari in Rajasthan. Bikaner camel safari’s generally focus on exploring the isolated villages on Camel. It takes 3-days and 2-nights to enjoy the desert experience. Make your peace with the hustle and bustle of the hectic daily schedules and sink into the windswept golden sand dunes in Bikaner desert campsite followed by traditional food, water, and entertainment with the Rajasthani folk music and dance.
Camel Safari in Bikaner: Cost
The price of Camel Safari in Bikaner ranges from Rs 800-3500 per person. The price depends upon your duration of Camel Safari.
Things to do:
- Visit Prachin Museum displaying royal portraits and traditional textiles.
- Attend the infamous Camel Festival and explore the barren lands on them.
- Visit Junagarh Fort, Karni Mata Temple, Kote Gate, and Gajner Palace.
Itinerary: Bikaner Camel Safari
Day 1: Drive to Bikaner and check-in to the hotel. Witness the full moon view from the rooftop of one of the open-roof restaurants. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Have the refreshing morning breakfast and go exploring different places in the city. Sand dunes near Bikaner are the Best place for Camel safari in Rajasthan. Take your feet into the wild-life in the far Thar Desert. Stay in the desert camps and bonfire under the night sky painted with stars.
Day 3: Take a tour to nearby villages and listen to the stories of the place from old folks. Leave for your home destination.
3. Camel Safari In Jaipur
Commonly called Pink City; Jaipur is popular for many things among which Camel Safari is best experience to have. Stroll around the pink city and its rustic villages on camelback. Choose night camel safari tour for more fun in the desert. Get ready for an amazing experience here!
Camel Safari in Jaipur: Cost
The camel safari cost in jaipur ranges from Rs 1200-3000 per person. Hire any local operator or travel agency for your best camel safari experience.
Things to do:
- Visit Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, City Palace and many more
- Explore colourful streets of old Bazaars and visit museums
- Dance on the rhythm of the folk music at the desert campsite.
Itinerary: Camel Safari In Jaipur
Day 1: Reach Jaipur through a choice of your convenience and check into the hotel upon arrival. Go and stroll around the near markets and temples. Stay for a night in the hotel.
Day 2: After breakfast at the hotel, drive to explore various ancient palaces and forts like Nahargarh Fort, Amber Fort, City Palace, and many more. Go for a camel safari in Jaipur around the areas of Jal Mahal at Lake Fort. Overnight stay at the desert campsite.
Day 3: Visit the Pink streets and markets and explore the places you want to go to. Pack your bags and take a leave to your home destination.
Necessary Information for Camel Safari In Rajasthan:
Camel rides in the middle of the desert are not for everyone. That is the main reason for the explorers to take a tour to one of the best camel safari destinations in Rajasthan. The Great Indian Desert- Thar Desert is popular not in India but in foreign countries too. People from different corners of the world come to witness the vibrant golden dunes. Before going on the camelback safari, there are some important things to keep in mind. As thrilling as it sounds, desert safaris take you to the paradise of sunrises and sunsets.
- Indeed, Camelback safari can be an adventurous trip but that doesn’t mean you can ride on any stray camel you first see. Hence, hire a proper camelback ride provider for the amazing strolling in the desert.
- Make sure you have enough water, and complete camping facilities- camp lights, blankets, and ready-to-eat food.
- The price range varies as per your budget. You can book a half-day camel safari in the desert or you can book a full 1 or 2 days camel safari along with desert camping in Rajasthan.
- Do not just sit inside your tent houses. Travel by your feet to explore the desert and find that perfect peaceful view under the night sky you come for.
- Do not drink liquor during the safari. You will end up dehydrating yourself.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes to protect you from the heat. You can opt for shorts but it will leave you all sunburned. Bring sunscreen, goggles, and any other care regime you prefer to protect yourself from the sun and heat in the middle of the desert.
Make sure to have fun amid the during you Camel Safari in Rajasthan trip!
Frequently Asked Questions about Camel Safari in Rajasthan
The Thar Desert is 40-45 km from Jaisalmer. It takes approximately an hour’s drive to reach The Great Indian Desert.
The sand dunes are best known for sunrise (4 am to 6 am) and sunset (4 pm to 7 pm). You can stay in the desert camps to enjoy the sky full of stars and distant planets.
You should free a week or 10 days from your schedule to enjoy the best camel safari place in Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is one of the hottest states in India because of the deserts. If we talk according to the climate conditions, the best time to go for desert safari is in winters from November to March.
You can stay in one of the desert campsites to spend the best times and enjoy the starry night sky from the sand dunes. You can stay in the hotels and homestays as per your choice of convenience.
It depends on your budget. You can book a camelback riding provider for around 1000 bucks for sunset camel ride into the dunes. You can book camel safari for full-day (sunrise and sunset) starting from 1,600 and up.